What is the "minimum gun" you feel adequate carrying?

I don't live in a shithole, sometimes I just carry a pocket knife and a flashlight.
Bruh...I've seen and been party to some get togethers in your neighborhood, nay, even your driveway. I wouldn't be caught without a strap....ever. Sometimes it would be the 629 with 6 rounds of 44 mag hardcast lead though, because I'm more worried about wild animals of the 4 legged variety.

Where is your tactical snickers holder tho
You missed the obvious option here...

get-in-my-belly-austin-powers.gif

Another comment for @G4Y4HK - If going out to a nice restaurant in a non-shithole city and I'm drinking, minimum carry is a knife. Someone else's post reminded me of that.

Bruh...I've seen and been party to some get togethers in your neighborhood, nay, even your driveway. I wouldn't be caught without a strap....ever. Sometimes it would be the 629 with 6 rounds of 44 mag hardcast lead though, because I'm more worried about wild animals of the 4 legged variety.

View: https://youtu.be/BncSX9tRmOw

[kiss]

For the J frame comment. I fall back on the old movie called the Gambler. Ole Kenny Rogers was asked by the mob what are you going to do with that derringer. You only have two bullets. The real question is. Who is going to take those two bullet for the rest of ya.

Personally just switched to a G43X. So, 15 + 1. Now, that we are in winter. I can carry my G20 . Again 15 + 1 10mm 125 grain at 1600 FPS. I still wouldn't feel bad strapping on a 686 if I felt froggy

I was told by several people that carrying a five shot .38 snubby in today's dangerous world is no longer enough protection because a lot of bad guys work in groups now. Some of these guys don't leave home without a kitted out RMR on the slide Glock 19 and 3 spare mags, total of 60+1 rounds on them.

Where does NES land in this area? What *amount of gun* would you feel is good enough for EDC where you live and travel when out and about?
Don’t bother to carry anything because if you use it in self-defense, you’re going to go to jail anyways🤷‍♂️

Don’t bother to carry anything because if you use it in self-defense, you’re going to go to jail anyways🤷‍♂️

And this is the sad reality today. You are far better off taking a beating than losing your job then giving your life savings to lawyers. Say nothing about the stress and social anguish laid upon your family.

Last edited:
And this is the sad reality in 2022. You are far better off taking a beating than losing your job then giving your life savings to lawyers.
Unless you are white and have a good job, in that case it will be determined you probably did something racist to deserve it.

I wonder, has anyone ever gone out and purchase a different gun / caliber after asking NES what they feel is a good caliber for self defense?
Yes, NES said I don’t need extra mags or standard capacity mags and should keep a .357 in my backpack.

So in keeping with my theory I bought a g19 with an extra standard capacity mag.

This is probably the sad truth in MA.

I think the important thing is whatever you carry, your situational awareness and your feet/vehicle are probably the best defense. Prioritize getting out of situations before they happen, avoid stupid places at stupid times whenever possible, avoid ego battles and confrontations with strangers, and when shit does happen, train to move and get to cover or concealment as quickly as possible. I also believe in having a reload for whatever you carry in case you have a malfunction.

Depends on what I'm doing:

Most days of regular activity = Pocket 9mm
Higher threat scenario = 1911 and 2 spare mage, pocket 9mm
Woods when bears / moose can be an issue = .45LC single action revolver
Woods when bears / moose aren't an issue= .38 double action revolver
Taking out sentries = suppressed .22 and garrotte
Filming pron scenes = NAA mini revolver taped to nutsack
Time travel involving medieval battles = 1919A4 air cooled machine gun
Time travel involving feats of arms and feasting = compound bow with stabilizer and sights
Chaperoning kids for church = super soaker mega squirt gun with jalapeno juice added to water
Going to the movies = regular squirt gun with liquid @ss fart spray

Most times I can get by with a squinty glare and crooked grin.

I wonder, has anyone ever gone out and purchase a different gun / caliber after asking NES what they feel is a good caliber for self defense?

I bought a 40 when I found out that all my favorite shitposters carried them.

I feel fine with 5 rounds of 357 mag in a j frame and a long gun in the truck.

Unfortunately I’m not an operator and went out today with out a Glock and 10 pounds of back up mags dragging my pants down to my ankles. I thought things were going well (the sun is shining) until I read this thread… now Im stuck to a chair paralyzed in fear that I may not make it out of this suburban office park with out a firefight.

You should stick to the Off-Topic forum. This is supposed to be serious gun discussion thread.
This is NES.....the threads like this usually take detours and the comics come out. When I clicked on this thread I didn't want to actually read what the opinions were of the actual topic.....I came to see the comical posts.....and this thread delivered.

All gunshot wounds hurt no matter what caliber. I have even been known to carry a .25 cal. Semiautomatic because the circumstances would only allow a small gun concelment. Example would be a formal affair waring a tux. Any gun is better then no gun and always carry a knife.

Back
Top Bottom