What is the "minimum gun" you feel adequate carrying?

I was told by several people that carrying a five shot .38 snubby in today's dangerous world is no longer enough protection because a lot of bad guys work in groups now. Some of these guys don't leave home without a kitted out RMR on the slide Glock 19 and 3 spare mags, total of 60+1 rounds on them.

Where does NES land in this area? What *amount of gun* would you feel is good enough for EDC where you live and travel when out and about?

I carried a .38 snubnose for years. Had one particular uncomfortable encounter where five rounds didn't seem adequate so last year I swapped it out for a 10+1 P365. Does that answer your question?

Not knowing when porch pirates will strike, this is my kit when opening the door to retrieve Amazon deliveries of Starbucks K-cups.

corpsstrength.jpg

For a serious answer- Glock 43 in a pocket holster.

I was told by several people that carrying a five shot .38 snubby in today's dangerous world is no longer enough protection because a lot of bad guys work in groups now. Some of these guys don't leave home without a kitted out RMR on the slide Glock 19 and 3 spare mags, total of 60+1 rounds on them.

Where does NES land in this area? What *amount of gun* would you feel is good enough for EDC where you live and travel when out and about?
I don't live in a shithole, sometimes I just carry a pocket knife and a flashlight.

I carried a .38 snubnose for years. Had one particular uncomfortable encounter where five rounds didn't seem adequate so last year I swapped it out for a 10+1 P365. Does that answer your question?
There goes out the window the anti gunners' argument that 90 something percent or more of gun defense scenarios involve 3 shots or less. You feel 11 rounds cuts it but not 5? Do you carry a reload?

You feel 11 rounds cuts it but not 5? Do you carry a reload?
Yes, 11 is more than twice as many as 5. I typically do not carry a reload - I should but the con of having to put an extra mag somewhere outweighs the pros for me. I used to carry 15+1 all the time but decided to switch to a smaller gun for reasons I won't spend time going into.

Nah… nothing wrong with a snub as long as you know the type of location you’re going through and you’ve actually practiced reloads.
Most NE cities I’m fine with a 365XL or the 92 if I’m feeling extra. Had a 637 for a while and while it was a good gun, I prefer semiautomatic.

Not knowing when porch pirates will strike, this is my kit when opening the door to retrieve Amazon deliveries of Starbucks K-cups.

corpsstrength.jpg

For a serious answer- Glock 43 in a pocket holster.
You should stick to the Off-Topic forum. This is supposed to be serious gun discussion thread.

Still carrying a 9mm shield with an upgraded apex trigger and 10 round mag. I ain’t looking to be no hero and this is plenty to defend myself or break contact if I’m ever at the South Shore Mall. Why still a Shield?…Cuz God forbid I ever have to use it I won’t be getting it back anyway..they can keep it.

Should this be on off topic or gun related 🤔🤔

I don't live in a shithole, sometimes I just carry a pocket knife and a flashlight.

I always carry a knife and a flashlight; but when I leave the house, I take a gun with me. If I'm in my town, (which is not a shithole), I often just take the knapsack gun. If on the other hand, I'm going into Savannah for instance - I have a gun on my body.

The knapsack gun is a G31, converted to 9mm, with RMR and light - capacity 17+1. The on body gun is a G43X, iron sighted - capacity 15+1.

"a 25 is a nice thing to have when you don't have a gun"

Nothing wrong with a J frame, and most people who carry one have "speed strips" in their pocket

It takes nothing to carry an extra 15 rounds if you feel like it.

Speed loaders are a bit more bulky, but they fit in a jacket pocket

I'm less worried about the clown with 18 rounds in his G17 unloading the magazine in a "spray and pray" manner, I'm more worried about the guy with the J frame that has practiced and is accurate with his shot placement

Back
Top Bottom