• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the ugliest firearm ever made?

The Liberator pistol was the stamped 45 pistol that we dropped into occupied European countries during WW2. I think it passes as both the ugliest looking yet it earns the top of the list for the best descriptive name and the best use of a cheap pistol to symbolize the reason all people deserve the right to have a firearm to defend their freedom.

View attachment 22637

I want to add that nothing made from metal and wood gets a chubby growing better than a Tommygun with a big drum mag on it.

Can you show me when and where this pistol was actually dropped in Europe? I was under the impression that the guns presence was infact very, very rare if any. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Can you show me when and where this pistol was actually dropped in Europe? I was under the impression that the guns presence was infact very, very rare if any. I could be wrong though.

I thought the gun was dropped in the pacific,Philippines I think? Saw something on the history channel about it. I could be wrong though

All semi-auto handguns, actually. A generalization, I know, but revolvers are just so much more beautiful. A lot of shotguns from the 1930s and 1940s are beautiful as well.

A generalization indeed.

2883361457_9daa27d462.jpg

SIG_210_poliert_3.jpg

No such thing as an ugly P210.
Is the one pictured yours? This was a former German Border Patrol Issue of 1951/1952.
The serial of mine is just 60 off, but the pistol is in original condition.

I wish! It'll be awhile before I can afford one.

Wow, I'm in the opposite camp...aesthetics is one thing I think Ruger does very well.

You have obviously never seen a Ruger P90. Until I saw this thread, I'd have said it was the ugliest gun in the world. It's a block. It does, however, have two redeeming attributes: It points PERFECTLY (at least in my hand) and it's dead-nuts reliable. I don't miss mine, though... I have several 1911's if I need to send lead downrange in .45ACP.

you hate it so bad you're going to buy mine. [wink]

Oh, that reminds me of another ugly gun - the Rossi Range Hand. [wink]

to me the ugliest gun was the 1919 .30 cal Red Jacket desecrated with those retarded dragon decals for OCC. They took a beautiful firearm and destroyed it, that is the equivalent of taking a 70 chevelle ss 454 and putting a hood scoop from auto zone on it, and spinning rims.

to me the ugliest gun was the 1919 .30 cal Red Jacket desecrated with those retarded dragon decals for OCC. They took a beautiful firearm and destroyed it, that is the equivalent of taking a 70 chevelle ss 454 and putting a hood scoop from auto zone on it, and spinning rims.

This. I retract my previous vote.

You have obviously never seen a Ruger P90. Until I saw this thread, I'd have said it was the ugliest gun in the world. It's a block. It does, however, have two redeeming attributes: It points PERFECTLY (at least in my hand) and it's dead-nuts reliable. I don't miss mine, though... I have several 1911's if I need to send lead downrange in .45ACP.

Fair point, the grip is a little ugly on the P90. I think their .22's are pretty nice looking

10112.jpg

...and while it's a revolver (vs a pistol)...I've seen some really nice looking SP101's and SP100's

DSC_0563400w.jpg.jpg

Now this is heinous...the Dardick magazine fed revolver.

dardickpistol1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom