What is this world coming to?

@Darksideblues42 ...it was a good day with a win, you got a clothesline in...I bet if felt fantastic...faq these people and faq the LEO...perp might actually think twice for a millisecond on his way to the next victim... [cheers]

And to answer your question...this is the New World, get used to it...not getting any better soon...

so what's the post about? gays? or being a crime dog while gay? was the gay dude robbing women and escaping on a bike? never mind, i'm old and get confused very easy.

so what's the post about? gays? or being a crime dog while gay? was the gay dude robbing women and escaping on a bike? never mind, i'm old and get confused very easy.
Had dinner, was seated at a counter, was talking to the folks next to me, they talked about outdoor activities and the fun they had when in Arizona at the shooting range. I mentioned that enjoyed shooting as well, they said they were told (years ago) that they could not get a permit easily (they are in their 60's) because they were gay. I mentioned the Pink Pistols and how times had changed.

Left dinner, walking back to hotel, woman yells "Stop that guy on the bike he grabbed my bag"

I stopped the guy.

Police showed up seconds later.

Woman got bag back

Perp on bike got a ticket.

I was told to avoid self help in the future.

Had dinner, was seated at a counter, was talking to the folks next to me, they talked about outdoor activities and the fun they had when in Arizona at the shooting range. I mentioned that enjoyed shooting as well, they said they were told (years ago) that they could not get a permit easily (they are in their 60's) because they were gay. I mentioned the Pink Pistols and how times had changed.

Left dinner, walking back to hotel, woman yells "Stop that guy on the bike he grabbed my bag"

I stopped the guy.

Police showed up seconds later.

Woman got bag back

Perp on bike got a ticket.

I was told to avoid self help in the future.
I’m wondering why they felt that they couldn’t get an ltc because they were homosexuals?

Right..... we should rely on the police. I think we have a thread or two on how well that works out for us.
cops and gangsters both serve very important social function - they show you whom you should teach your kids to avoid by all costs.

I remember a time when a good Boston cop would hit the miscreant with a blackjack in the head and cuff the SOB. Wasn’t that long ago.
I spend my prime time watching 80s/90s COPS episodes.. back when the police got pissed and acted like your pissed off Father if you did something beyond stupid.... and went hands on quickly. Shockingly they left alone the average MYOB non troublemaker citizen alone..

WTF. Is this a new thing?
Depends on the value IE >$250.00 = felony
< $250.00 misdemeanor. The only thing new about is that the DA’s office won’t even prosecute it anymore. Any summons will likely get tossed before it makes it off the supervisor's desk.

The rental bike you can guarantee was also stolen. DA won’t prosecute that either.

WTF. Is this a new thing?
Not really.

A lot of places do it now. Plus a larceny used to be a felony at $250 but I believe it’s now up to $1,000.

Suffolk County DA now US attorney Rollins released a listing of crimes her office wouldn’t be prosecuting I believe low level theft was on the list.

Depends on the value IE >$250.00 = felony
< $250.00 misdemeanor. The only thing new about is that the DA’s office won’t even prosecute it anymore. Any summons will likely get tossed before it makes it off the supervisor's desk.

The rental bike you can guarantee was also stolen. DA won’t prosecute that either.

lol in Hampshire county Grand Larceny (larceny over 250) doesn't get prosecuted. You will only see it when it is used as a chip in the plea-bargain. They'll go for Larceny over 1200 though.

Cumberland Farms stopped prosecuting any form of larceny, so if you steal, wave and walk out. Free Redbulls, Monsters anything you want so long as you don't touch tobacco or lottery. Worst case scenario is the employee calls the police and the police attempt to get the product back.

I’m wondering why they felt that they couldn’t get an ltc because they were homosexuals?
A lot of people that are not "gun people" see it as a closed, mysterious world.

When they hear that they need to take an approved course, then fill out an application, then wait 40 days [laugh], then try not to appear stupid when they go to get their first gun, it can be intimidating. Gay or not.

This is why one-to-one outreach is important. "Hey, you're interested in shooting? Let's go to the range...." and explain the process, and how to navigate it.

I interpret it to be not gay, and more "hey, that's great!" than "So?"

Like you affirm their choice, as opposed to not caring about other adults' life choices.
Gay Adjacent includes Bisexual, polyamory, also folks in the BDSM/Leather lifestyles, basically any community that is at political disadvantage because of what happens in their bedrooms between consenting adults.

The reason they were worried is back in the 80's when they thought of applying, being Gay was still a crime.

The guy didn't get hurt when you clotheslined him off the bike?
He didn't. He wasn't going very fast and I basically just brought him to an abrupt stop, the bike fell over on top of him.

Cops were there a few seconds later, they were on patrol in the area on foot.

He didn't. He wasn't going very fast and I basically just brought him to an abrupt stop, the bike fell over on top of him.

Cops were there a few seconds later, they were on patrol in the area on foot.

I remember getting clotheslined once when playing Smear the Queer, I don't remember it being anything that I wanted to happen to me again lol

Anytime you get to clothesline someone it's a great day. Doesn't really matter why just to clothesline them. Really brings a smile to my heart.

Back
Top Bottom