What is this world coming to?

This thread seems like a good place to throw out a few anecdotes. I offer no advice and if you read it you will probably see why.

About 10 or 15 years ago I fought a guy who had just thrown an 80 pound anchor through my car back window and was threatening people in my friend's driveway. The perp, his two female companions, and a baby had come from a party and just happened to end up at my friend's home around midnight. This guy threatened his two friends (one holding the baby) with a knife although by the time I saw him I didn't see him holding it. The women were hysterical saying he was going to kill them and begged us to help. At first the women (one holding the baby) burst in the kitchen. We quickly got them out and they ended up in the garage. My friend and I tried to convince the guy to leave and told him we called 911 but to no avail. When he threw the anchor at my car I saw a brief opportunity to go on the offensive. This occurred around midnight on a rainy night. When then cops arrived (about 15 minutes and two 911 calls later) they found my friend holding his legs and I was holding him in a choke. We were laying on glass and unbeknownst to me I was laying on his knife. The police took a few pics and took very brief statements. The perps friends decided not to speak with the police and began only using Spanish. This all happened very quickly and they brought the guy to the hospital because he was unconscious and struggling.

The next day we went to the police station to give a full statement of what happened. At the station I found out the report was missing much of what happened and minimized what the guy did. I also found out that at the hospital the perp told medical staff "the police beat me up". Despite telling the police what happened they didn't want to make any changes or amend the report. I was told it was "too late" because the paperwork had already been sent to court. I had to go up the chain and argue with a Captain before he agreed to take the additional info. I said to him if this had happened to your Mom or Sister the guy would have had a ton of charges against him. The Captain said "we don't operate like that". He eventually agree to send our full statements to the court and the perp was charged with four crimes instead of two.

Another time I could have called the police but didn't, involved chasing a perp who was carrying two pillow cases who ducked behind my garage. I initially thought he had come out of my house. I was pulling in my driveway and saw him so I got out of my car and gave chase. Right away I had to jump over a low fence in my backyard and fell in my neighbors garden nearly impaling myself on a spike. I eventually caught up to him and found him hiding under a vehicle in someone's back yard. He then got out from underneath and started backpedaling toward a low fence. I was yelling at him "Where's the stuff" and "Stop lying" as he was moving away. He denied doing anything. At that point I was starting to feel an adrenaline dump and decided to let him go. He didn't have the pillow cases with him so I backtracked and eventually found them where he had thrown them over another fence. I went home with the loot and called the police. At first the officers seemed surprised and a bit incredulous but then told me the perp had apparently burglarized a nearby home and was cutting through my yard. One cop said "too bad you didn't catch him" and the other one said "maybe it's good you didn't catch him because he might have had a knife or screw driver". We were all pleased that the victim would get there stuff back. I never looked to see what was in the cases but they weren't light.

My most recent citizen intervention was when I chased some young punks in my neighborhood who had done a home invasion. I was in my car at an intersection waiting for the light to change and I saw 2 guys (ages 16-20?) running out of a multi-family home followed by a well dressed and obviously distressed elderly Asian couple. One of the guys had a backpack on and the two immediately split up. I knew right away that the elderly couple had been victimized in some way. I began trying to follow the punks but was only able to tail one. He eventually realized I was following him so he crossed the busy street and got in an SUV with dark tinted windows which was where the other guy was running. I eventually pulled up behind the SUV and was trying to get out my camera to take a pic of the plate but before I could do that they took off. Instinct and anger kicked in and I started chasing them. I was driving a tiny hatchback and they were in a vehicle that weighed twice what mine did. It must have looked like a scene from a ridiculous comedy. It was super dangerous and I estimate they hit 80 mph at times, swerved around cars, went over a curb, and so on. At some point I hit the brakes and stopped pursuing.

I don't know what I would have happened if they stopped (I was unarmed). I then returned to the victim's home and met with the couple who were on the phone with the police. They handed me the phone and I told them what happened and gave a description of the perps, the vehicle, and where they were headed. Surprisingly, the police didn't ask my name. The couple thanked me for trying to do something.

I'm too old for that shit and hopefully I won't be in the wrong place at the wrong time anytime soon. End of rant.

Last edited:
Several years ago, a cop was chasing some guy (and losing ground) on a construction site my son was working on in Downtown Boston. Son (6'2", around 240#) basically clotheslined the guy to the ground and held him.
Skeletor gave him a public commendation.

That’s disgraceful that it’s even allowed. But that guy being a motor cop? Holy crap. lol I bet he looks like an apple on a toothpick from the back after he sputters by with that bike wheezing for air.
you don't need to run fast if you can draw fast

This thread is inspiring me to go out and fight crime.
🤔
If there was only crime in my town.
Wait for the next lockdown and round of mandates and you can go around reporting your fellow citizens for not wearing masks and having too many people in their homes at one time. You will be a hero to the left!

This thread seems like a good place to throw out a few anecdotes. I offer no advice and if you read it you will probably see why.

About 10 or 15 years ago I fought a guy who had just thrown an 80 pound anchor through my car back window and was threatening people in my friend's driveway. The perp, his two female companions, and a baby had come from a party and just happened to end up at my friend's home around midnight. This guy threatened his two friends (one holding the baby) with a knife although by the time I saw him I didn't see him holding it. The women were hysterical saying he was going to kill them and begged us to help. At first the women (one holding the baby) burst in the kitchen. We quickly got them out and they ended up in the garage. My friend and I tried to convince the guy to leave and told him we called 911 but to no avail. When he threw the anchor at my car I saw a brief opportunity to go on the offensive. This occurred around midnight on a rainy night. When then cops arrived (about 15 minutes and two 911 calls later) they found my friend holding his legs and I was holding him in a choke. We were laying on glass and unbeknownst to me I was laying on his knife. The police took a few pics and took very brief statements. The perps friends decided not to speak with the police and began only using Spanish. This all happened very quickly and they brought the guy to the hospital because he was unconscious and struggling.

The next day we went to the police station to give a full statement of what happened. At the station I found out the report was missing much of what happened and minimized what the guy did. I also found out that at the hospital the perp told medical staff "the police beat me up". Despite telling the police what happened they didn't want to make any changes or amend the report. I was told it was "too late" because the paperwork had already been sent to court. I had to go up the chain and argue with a Captain before he agreed to take the additional info. I said to him if this had happened to your Mom or Sister the guy would have had a ton of charges against him. The Captain said "we don't operate like that". He eventually agree to send our full statements to the court and the perp was charged with four crimes instead of two.

Another time I could have called the police but didn't, involved chasing a perp who was carrying two pillow cases who ducked behind my garage. I initially thought he had come out of my house. I was pulling in my driveway and saw him so I got out of my car and gave chase. Right away I had to jump over a low fence in my backyard and fell in my neighbors garden nearly impaling myself on a spike. I eventually caught up to him and found him hiding under a vehicle in someone's back yard. He then got out from underneath and started backpedaling toward a low fence. I was yelling at him "Where's the stuff" and "Stop lying" as he was moving away. He denied doing anything. At that point I was starting to feel an adrenaline dump and decided to let him go. He didn't have the pillow cases with him so I backtracked and eventually found them where he had thrown them over another fence. I went home with the loot and called the police. At first the officers seemed surprised and a bit incredulous but then told me the perp had apparently burglarized a nearby home and was cutting through my yard. One cop said "too bad you didn't catch him" and the other one said "maybe it's good you didn't catch him because he might have had a knife or screw driver". We were all pleased that the victim would get there stuff back. I never looked to see what was in the cases but they weren't light.

My most recent citizen intervention was when I chased some young punks in my neighborhood who had done a home invasion. I was in my car at an intersection waiting for the light to change and I saw 2 guys (ages 16-20?) running out of a multi-family home followed by a well dressed and obviously distressed elderly Asian couple. One of the guys had a backpack on and the two immediately split up. I knew right away that the elderly couple had been victimized in some way. I began trying to follow the punks but was only able to tail one. He eventually realized I was following him so he crossed the busy street and got in an SUV with dark tinted windows which was where the other guy was running. I eventually pulled up behind the SUV and was trying to get out my camera to take a pic of the plate but before I could do that they took off. Instinct and anger kicked in and I started chasing them. I was driving a tiny hatchback and they were in a vehicle that weighed twice what mine did. It must have looked like a scene from a ridiculous comedy. It was super dangerous and I estimate they hit 80 mph at times, swerved around cars, went over a curb, and so on. At some point I hit the brakes and stopped pursuing.

I don't know what I would have happened if they stopped (I was unarmed). I then returned to the victim's home and met with the couple who were on the phone with the police. They handed me the phone and I told them what happened and gave a description of the perps, the vehicle, and where they were headed. Surprisingly, the police didn't ask my name. The couple thanked me for trying to do something.

I'm too old for that shit and hopefully I won't be in the wrong place at the wrong time anytime soon. End of rant.

Last summer I walked out of my house at 1 in the morning to go to my work and hang out. Not much to do at night, and I like feeding the local PD with my wife's cooking at night. They are all good guys. Walk out of my door to see a black hemi quad cab with the lights off, a dude in black walking up to my wife's SUV, and another dude walking back to the truck from my across-the-street neighbor's car. I made a rather stupid comment to them, and they all dived inside their truck and took off. I ran to my wife's SUV and threw the cheesecake I was bringing down in passenger seat, and immediately started chasing the truck down the road. I followed them them for almost a mile, and passed a state trooper so I stopped pursuing and got his attention. Must have woken him up from his nap honking because he didn't notice the truck that passed him doing 100+ mph. He took off like Miss Daisy, and the guys got away. My only mistake that night was not immediately calling the direct line to a dispatcher as I pursued. SP listens to our town frequency at night, and would have worked.

They would pull through unlit neighborhoods and hit cars literally every night during the summer. They hit cars in every surrounding town to Holyoke, so it's safe to say they were from Holyoke. The stake out the places they want to hit early evening, then do a quick check through the area right before they start pulling on doorhandles.

Back
Top Bottom