• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your "Long Range" Rifle Platform?

Looks like LabRadar is dropping prices in the face of competition

Midsouth Shooters Supply has it for $500

Looks like LabRadar is dropping prices in the face of competition

Midsouth Shooters Supply has it for $500
It is a good buy at $500.

The tool is good. With a trigger, it is 100% accurate. It is just not as tiny as the Garmin.

I am curious to see if the guys at Labradar have been paying attention and innovating or if they have been sleeping.

The tool is good. With a trigger, it is 100% accurate. It is just not as tiny as the Garmin.

I am curious to see if the guys at Labradar have been paying attention and innovating or if they have been sleeping.

Eh, $100 difference but still massive and you need to get accessories for it to get it to work right?

If someone already has a LabRadar, I do not see a good enough reason to switch. But I see zero reason to buy one for $500 right now. For $300 I would say it’s a good buy.

I know people talk about obtaining BC because it tracks velocity out to 100 yards. That’s not going to be a high fidelity BC. BC changes with velocity. Applied Ballistics is getting their BCs all the way out along the bullet path.

Also, be careful of buying one second hand for cheap money:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/longrange/comments/17i4qkg/2nd_hand_labradar_experience_negative_customer

Good luck with what?
it`s an act of desperation, that`s what. if it would be competitive and offered significant benefits - they would not drop that price for a cent.
garmin is a good disruptor, and it works, so, well. we will see.

If only someone on NES was selling an As New LabRadar with bipod, soft case and box for $500. That would be awesome. If only. ;)

Thought about putting this in the December acquisition thread, but figured it was more aligned here.

Took advantage of black friday. One for me and one for my son.

I couldn't decide between Impact, Kelbly, or Terminus, but went with Kelbly this time because of what was readily available in both LH and RH during the sales.

I guess we'll see if I chose wisely or poorly.

kelblys.JPG

Thought about putting this in the December acquisition thread, but figured it was more aligned here.

I couldn't decide between Impact, Kelbly, or Terminus, but went with Kelbly this time because of what was readily available in both LH and RH during the sales.

View attachment 829456
You’re gonna love these!

View attachment 829456

Nice . What cartridge you going with ?

Or you can get sigs setup scope and range finder and it auto adjusts the reticle for you.

I think the first entry is a $1300 kit for the pair

Eh, I don’t mind adjusting my scope or using holds. What the weapon mounted range finder gets me is being able to possibly look at the range without lifting away from my rifle to use a handheld range finder. It also means when I have a target in my scope, I don’t need to leave the scope, find the target again with the rangefinder, then come back onto the target with the scope.

You could use a handheld rangefinder with your other hand and keep your firing hand&shoulder on the gun, but you better make sure you have the handheld rangefinder within grabbing distance. Overall, handheld rangefinders are great for establishing distances within your field of view and creating either a physical or mental range card. But the weapon mounted ones are better if you’re going to be engaging dynamic targets.

Burris does have some scopes with the range finder built into the optic and adjust reticles also though. Much more streamlined than Sig’s system.

Or you can get sigs setup scope and range finder and it auto adjusts the reticle for you.

I think the first entry is a $1300 kit for the pair
With horrible glass. No thanks.

I looked into those, looks like you are paying for the technology, not the optics quality.

At least per several reviews and videos.

Element optics is coming out with a weapon mounted range finder. Very intrigued.

These types of range finders are usually very pricey. Even the Vortex Impact is nearly $2k. Fingers crossed this is a reasonable option for people who aren’t using it for work.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C22KLHRN_Vf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Maybe a stupid question, maybe not ... since it is mounted on the scope, how does it perform long range, because you are aiming up, the laser is going straight, it could miss the target. Unless you are using scope holdover when looking st the target.

Right?

Maybe what I said doesn't make sense.

I am trying to think about this while in a conference call (lol, thanks for distracting me).

Maybe a stupid question, maybe not ... since it is mounted on the scope, how does it perform long range, because you are aiming up, the laser is going straight, it could miss the target. Unless you are using scope holdover when looking st the target.

Right?

Maybe what I said doesn't make sense.

I am trying to think about this while in a conference call (lol, thanks for distracting me).

Fair question. It’s recommended to zero parallel to your optic sight line. So it would be zeroed offset by a few inches with your optic. Then at distance you check range at the center of the crosshairs.

If you’re dialing rather than holding, make sure the scope is at your zero stop when ranging, before dialing. These are admittedly easier to use when holding instead of dialing.

Last edited:
Fair question. It’s recommended to zero parallel to your optic sight line. So it would be zeroed offset by a few inches with your optic. Then at distance you check range at the center of the crosshairs.

If you’re dialing rather than holding, make sure the scope is at your zero stop when ranging, before dialing. These are admittedly easier to use when holding instead of dialing.
Can’t count the number of times I’ve forgotten to dial down and f***ed it up because of that.

Back
Top Bottom