• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your mental picture of a "gun"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

I think most people, regardless of whether they own guns or not, have a mental picture of what they think a gun should look like. Usually its something easily recognizable - ARs, AKs, handguns, shotguns, etc. I think this may also play into what people's first gun is - if someone sees and really wants an AR, they'll probably get one sooner rather than later.

For me, it was always been WW1 and WW2 era bolt action service rifles.

1630203958400.png
1630203988026.png
1630204035009.png
1630204099658.png

The one that is the emoji.

I think they deleted it.

Some sort of Colt snake gun. Silver with Black grip.

It used to be the image of this:
64FE2B4F-341B-4C0D-9C76-541C4C076A37.jpeg

When I was a kid and young adult, guns were kinda featureless to me. I didn’t really pay super close attention.

Now it’s usually pistols (shitty old Smith autos or home brewed Sat. Night Specials) when shootings are reported in the news.
When it’s people going to the ranges I think 15-22s, 10/22s and 320s or Shields for Joe Average.

Then I think of my friends and know they’re just flexing on the poors. While I do my best to kinda keep up lol.

I need a suppressor and NVs now…

When I was in pre-k I cut an L-shaped gun out of construction paper and got in trouble, so for me with pistols it’s always been some ambiguous semiautomatic…hammer or no hammer. For rifles I always think about an M16 with a carrying handle, fixed stock, and grenade launcher because I owned a shitload of GI-Joes when I was younger. For a Shotgun I’m going with a simple pump, it resembles a Remington 870 every single time. Machine gun would be either an Uzi, a Mac-10, or an MP5 because they’re in a bunch of video games and action movies you can’t really avoid them being imprinted in your memory especially because of how relatively bizarre each of them look compared with other machine guns.

Back
Top Bottom