• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your oldest gun?

falling block .22 short, I'd have to say. I forget the manf. Maybe Remington. Bull bbl. Single shot. Hoot to shoot. pretty accurate. I THINK it's 1880-something. I think.

I've got a 3-digit-serial # 1895 Winchester in 30US. So, 1895 for that.

Mine is a Ithaca model 37 deer slayer I purchased it when I was 16 with the help of my parents in 1977. I delivered newspapers after school(walking route) earned a nickel per customer per week.
the gun is still in like new condition.

A WW1 French Berthier Lebel 5 shot manufactured in 1917 complete with bayonet, scabbard, and 2 clips. Kicks like a mule. Shoot it very rarely because 8X50R ammo is just about impossible to find.

embaressed to say i sold a smiths patent 40(.40 cal rimfire) mfg. in 1873 IIRC. my dad found it when opening up a wall in our 200 year old house back in the 50's. (sao revolver, 5 shot)

by brother was in metal refinishing in his 20's and had it chrome plated. that pretty much destroyed any value it may have had. somehow i ended up with it. sat in a drawer for years.

when i got my ltc 5 years ago, i checked on it and found it was worth next to nothing, considering the chrome, and the fact that the hammer would not stay cocked due to missing sear. (not to mention the lack of .40 cal rimfire ammo)

sold it for $35 to a collector who only wanted the rosewood grips (100% perfect)

now, years later i wish i kept it just because.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom