• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what,Mass folks never seen open carry before..

I don't see what the big deal is, open carry is legal in Mass too so what does that have to do with Mass residents other than they're scared of everything (see attack of the mooninites). I open carry when I got to work for my security company, but then again alot of dumb people think I'm a cop too. Maybe I'll go take a trip down to walmart (since CC is against company policy) and to buy some gas and see if anyone makes a stink. All the gangsters carry in my city anyways.

Open carry of a firearm is legal in Massachusetts? Do you have any authority for that proposition?

Darius, as you know, open carry is not prohibited in MGLs, thus it is not illegal in itself.

The problem is that almost all MA LEOs are convinced that it IS illegal and react that way. Thus doing so is extremely likely to result in one losing their LTC permanently as well as having all their guns/ammo/mags confiscated.

This makes it a very unwise thing to do, regardless of legality.

If it's not illegal then how can i lose my LTC? Isn't that a contradiction all its own? The fact is just becuase i have a CCW permit doesn't mean i have to CCW. i open carry everyday i go to work, but then again its for a security company.

If it's not illegal then how can i lose my LTC? Isn't that a contradiction all its own? The fact is just becuase i have a CCW permit doesn't mean i have to CCW. i open carry everyday i go to work, but then again its for a security company.

Because in Massachusetts your License To Carry is not a right, it a privilege granted by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in your town, based solely on his/her discretion. Therefore, it can be revoked at his/her discretion. If you piss him/her off by doing something he/she doesn't approve of, like open carry, he/she can deem you unqualified, revoke your license and thus you ability to legally possess a firearm in this state.

why would anyone want to carry open[rofl], if they can conceal it.

is NH open carry only? if thats the case why would that be better than a CCW?

wouldnt you ..... Not want the Criminal to know there standing 5 feet from a powder burn ?

Back
Top Bottom