• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What, no IDPA this weekend?

Revolver, why? I have one, but it's not my thing.

Follow the link. Lugnut is running a "revolver friendly" match.

Unless I had some custom loads done, my 686 .357 will be a beast to compete with. If it were IDPA legal to shoot .38 from it, I might consider it....[thinking]

Most of the people who shoot SSR load .38spl to +P pressures. That being said, I don't expect there will be a chrono stage.

Revolver, why? I have one, but it's not my thing. Unless I had some custom loads done, my 686 .357 will be a beast to compete with. If it were IDPA legal to shoot .38 from it, I might consider it....[thinking]

Why would you think shooting a 686 with .38Sp is illegal?? I'm doing it as well as others. Revolvers aren't for everyone but I'm encouraging everyone to take a chance and step out of their comfort zones! Of course you can shoot semi auto but what about that lonely wheel gun that is in the safe??

Revolver, why? I have one, but it's not my thing. Unless I had some custom loads done, my 686 .357 will be a beast to compete with. If it were IDPA legal to shoot .38 from it, I might consider it....[thinking]

The shooting season is winding down and all of the area sanctioned matches are done until indoor nationals. The MD thought it would be fun for everyone to step outside their comfort zone and shoot revolvers. The stages are very revolver friendly (all round counts are 6, 12, or 18). No chrono at the match, Dave, what say you on factory 38 special loads?

Most of the people who shoot SSR load .38spl to +P pressures. That being said, I don't expect there will be a chrono stage.

No chrono... if all you have is commercial ammo- just bring it. No big awards or prizes as giveaways at this match- just good memories.

Why would you think shooting a 686 with .38Sp is illegal??

Power Factor. [thinking]

I'm doing it as well as others. Revolvers aren't for everyone but I'm encouraging everyone to take a chance and step out of their comfort zones! Of course you can shoot semi auto but what about that lonely wheel gun that is in the safe??

I don't have any of the equipment needed to run my revolver at a match. It being a "house gun" has none of the needed stuff for comp, and I never got any knowing it being a .357, shooting .38 standard pressure loads is not IDPA kosher.

I'm a 1911 guy, top to bottom, but if i make it, will bring the 686 blaster.

You are more than welcome to chrono my loads... I can assure you they make PF.

But mine wouldn't. That's my point. Not that anyone would care on the local level really, but as far as I know (and I am no expert on the topic) shooting standard .38 loads from a .357 does not make the PF. Am I incorrect in that?

But mine wouldn't. That's my point. Not that anyone would care on the local level really, but as far as I know (and I am no expert on the topic) shooting standard .38 loads from a .357 does not make the PF. Am I incorrect in that?

It really depends on the .38 loads. But that is really true of many commercial 9mm loads too... there are some people that got DQ'd from santioned matches using commercial ammo from factory Glocks. Either way... come and shoot whatever you want. You can enjoy watching our reloads!

WWB value pack .38spl (130 gr) averaged 109000 out of my 4" 686SSR. The minimum was 105000.

My reloads: 158gr berry's RN, 4.4gr titegroup, 1.500" OAL (Craig Buckland load) average 131600 with a 129000 minimum. It's still a little close too close to the limit. I've got to adjust my crimp.

There was a great USPSA match at New Bedford today. Start shooting both games and you'll never be short on matches to go to!

Back
Top Bottom