• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What, no IDPA this weekend?

Mr. Kelly,
Thanks. I heard your gun failed on you? I hope everything is sorted.---AE

What happened to you?---SZaino

I had gun or ammo trouble and no I'm not sure what the problem was, to bad it was a fun shoot.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
So what's coming up next gents? Couldn't make that last match. Sounded like fun.[grin]

John, it only took one match where my gun went total FUBAR on me to start bringing two guns!

There is a Classifier down Bass River Sunday the 16th, but confirm this if you plan on going.

John, it only took one match where my gun went total FUBAR on me to start bringing two guns!---WillBrink
The gun, a CZ-75B, has been really dependable for me over the last 4-5 years. I have two magazines it doesn’t like so I use them as Barney magazines, but it's been great with the other three.

I don't know that the problem is with the gun (or my maintenance), the magazines (springs getting old) or the ammunition (Remington-UMC). I think (hope) it’s the ammunition.

It’s too bad that I had problems as I started of pretty well (for me) on the first two stages.

Respectfully,

jkelly

There is a Classifier down Bass River Sunday the 16th, but confirm this if you plan on going.

Bass River eh? Never been down there myself.

The gun, a CZ-75B, has been really dependable for me over the last 4-5 years. I have two magazines it doesn’t like so I use them as Barney magazines, but it's been great with the other three.

I don't know that the problem is with the gun (or my maintenance), the magazines (springs getting old) or the ammunition (Remington-UMC). I think (hope) it’s the ammunition.

It’s too bad that I had problems as I started of pretty well (for me) on the first two stages.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Man I hate when that happens! Your gun will run perfect at those matches you can't hit sh&% with it anyway.....

I am running the classifier rain or shine. I am in the process of spraying targets now to water proof them.[wink]

We are setting up 2 maybe three bays so it will go fast and we should be out of there by Noon at the latest. Sign in starts at 0900 shooting at 10AM Sharp

Intro to IDPA non shooting course Saturday 0930. E mail for a slot if interested. This will give the new IDPA shooter the information needed to attend their first match.

Classifier is $15////Intro course is on me at No charge. E mail Mr Negativity at this address TY43215 AT comcast.net

Hey... Your back!---Whitey627
That is good news, as his honest and insight posts are missed here.
Good to see you Gary!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Gary, did you cancel the intro by chance due to the weather?

Course was held but just moved into the club house. 5 people attended. We waited at the range until 0930 which was the starting time before we moved.

Did you miss us??

If you ever want the course, you know my e mail but it will cost you a large with creme and no sugar :)

Hartford on 5 Apr has a Classifier.
Metacom has a match on 6 Apr.
Bass River has a USPSA match on 6 Apr, w/ a rifle side match.

Or so I think.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Course was held but just moved into the club house. 5 people attended. We waited at the range until 0930 which was the starting time before we moved.

Did you miss us??

If you ever want the course, you know my e mail but it will cost you a large with creme and no sugar :)
Will do. Thanks[smile]

Chuck,
Yes, bring your IDPA equipment and a couple of extra magzines/ holders as USPAS coruses are longer then IDPA.

Bass River is a very good club with some real nice guys and some very good shooters. Tell them this is your first USPSA match and they'll take care of you, I'm sure.

http://www.bassriverrod-gunclub.com/

Respectfully,

jkelly

Never shot USPSA before. Just bring the same gear I shoot IDPA?

cheers,
Chuck

Same gear, 200 rounds at least [wink], four mags or more on belt, no cover garment, all speed reloads no such thing as reload with retention, no penalty for rounds left behind, this is a fast and fun sport for many but just a lot of trigger time for the rest of us that aren't so fast. Sign up to shoot Production with your Glunk and it will be a lot like IDPA for you. See you there.

If you bring an AR you can stay for the rifle side match too [smile]

Last edited:
Same gear, 200 rounds at least [wink], four mags or more on belt, no cover garment, all speed reloads no such thing as reload with retention, no penalty for rounds left behind, this is a fast and fun sport for many but just a lot of trigger time for the rest of us that aren't so fast.

Just be careful on procedurals... if they tell you to shoot from inside the box (or vice versa) and you don't- you get a procedural for EVERY SHOT FIRED. This does wonders for your power factor. [rofl]

Ask me how I know.

Just be careful on procedurals... if they tell you to shoot from inside the box (or vice versa) and you don't- you get a procedural for EVERY SHOT FIRED. This does wonders for your power factor. [rofl]

Ask me how I know.

IDPA=Precedural
USPSA=Penalty

IDPA is a "Nicer" sport so they give "Procedural Errors."

USPSA you get a penalty for every mistake you make. The key is Don't make any [wink]

Join the USPSA get a book and read it. very Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom