What shops are likely to have TOMMY GUN mags

DosesR1

NES Member
Looking for SURPLUS mags for my AO THOMPSON . What shops around MA or NH are likely to have them (known for mil surplus )

Over the years I've seen them at gun shows. Maybe you want to try a WTB here? I've never tried a mag that works in a FA Thompson in a semi but have tried a semi mag in a FA, which did not fit. You really need to try for fit before you buy. Jack.

Looking for SURPLUS mags for my AO THOMPSON . What shops around MA or NH are likely to have them (known for mil surplus )
I cant say for certain but I think that gun shop down on the cape had thompson stick mags in the preban display case on the counter.
There really not hard to find. One of the surplus places had unissued mags for $80 each? Cant remember who at the moment

Original full-auto stick mags do not fit later production semi-auto Thompsons unless they're modified by elongating the locking hole on the back of the magazine.
I have a late 2000's production 1927A1 made at the Kahr plant in Worcester, I got some WW2 surplus mags and did the modification myself with a Dremel, it wasn't very difficult and they work perfectly.
But once the mod is done, they no longer fit properly in a full-auto Thompson.

Like Zappa stated you need to modify the mags to lock in the semi-auto Thompson.
Give Greg at ArmsTec in Natick a call he has subgun stuff.

Modifying the New Style Thompson Magazine Catch

Mags

More info

Last edited:
I went from a semi auto to a full auto and found that everything Zappa said is correct. When I sold the 1927, I included the modified mags because they were a very sloppy fit in the 1928.

Back
Top Bottom