What should I do?

blindndead

NES Member
It has been 42 buisness days when I put in my App. for my LTC. I have got no responce from the police. What Should I do? Keep waiting? Or call them?

You have every right to call them every day. Be polite but assertive. The Police force is there to serve you not the other way around.

when is your birthday? My friend was getting on in Natick and they told him to come and pick it up on his birthday becasue if he got it before his birhtday he would have been short a year....so now he has it for the full term....

But you can call and like was already mentioned just be polite....no biggie.

I even suggest stopping by to have them check to see if its there and has been overlooked. At times you get the.. We will call you when it arrives and that does not always happen.

that's a little far off ....could be they have it and haven't called like was already mentioned...I would just call and ask to check just to see if it came in yet....

You have every right to call them every day. Be polite but assertive. The Police force is there to serve you not the other way around.
Yes. But... they can make your life difficult. Don't harass them, once every two weeks is the most I would call. There is not much you can accomplish by bugging them, you can just ensure that nothing was overlooked. I would give it two more weeks any day now...

that's a little far off ....could be they have it and haven't called like was already mentioned...I would just call and ask to check just to see if it came in yet....

And if, after a reasonable time period the answer is still "not yet", I'd politely ask when it was sent out, since that's almost always the crux of the issue.

Ken

And if, after a reasonable time period the answer is still "not yet", I'd politely ask when it was sent out, since that's almost always the crux of the issue.

Ken

And if you don't get a clear answer call your senator's office and ask them for help. Mine took 100days and a phone call to get it to issue.

When I got my license in Everett years ago I called a few times without any luck. After several months I decided to just go down and see if it was there. It was there along with dozens of other peoples. I was polite about it and didn't have any issues except waiting MUCH longer than I legally should have.

Pete

Phone calls are, almost always, a waste of your time. They are not documented, so you can't prove who you spoke to, when or what was said.

At least if you are there in person, you can generally see if they actually LOOK for it.

O great

I got my Reply in the mail today. The police department Said I have a charge of disorderly in 1994 and they will not process my app any further until I write them a letter on what happened. I was at a party the cops came there were 17 year olds and I was 18 at the time. It was not my place of residence. Someone got a hold of some booz and brought it over the party. The police called the Parents of everyone that was not 18 and they went home but I was 18 I had to spend the night in the slammer. I went to court 3 times and on the the 3rd time I was approched and I was told told to pay my court fines and be a good boy for 6 months and I would not have a record. Well Guess What!!! I guess I have a record. WHF! I sent in my letter in detail. The police shure make me feel like a criminal. Am I junk or what?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your difficulty with the application. Stay positive, it's not over yet. The fact that they are asking for a letter of explanation means you are still in the running and that they are willing to listen. I HIGHLY recommend you contact a professional to help you develop a response that maximizes your chance of getting the license.

You are in a touchy situation right now as they can accuse you of perjury for not mentioning this incident on your application. BS I know, but it is a real threat you should take seriously. Going to a professional will help you avoid incriminating yourself with whatever response you give them.

http://massgunlaw.com/

Sorry to hear about your difficulty with the application. Stay positive, it's not over yet. The fact that they are asking for a letter of explanation means you are still in the running and that they are willing to listen. I HIGHLY recommend you contact a professional to help you develop a response that maximizes your chance of getting the license.

You are in a touchy situation right now as they can accuse you of perjury for not mentioning this incident on your application. BS I know, but it is a real threat you should take seriously. Going to a professional will help you avoid incriminating yourself with whatever response you give them.

http://massgunlaw.com/

Yes, it can't hurt to consult an attorney who is skilled in these matters...There are a few on NES here.

I would do what Dirtypacman says. Go in. It took mine close to 70 days here on the Cape. I think showing you face, be polite, and looking good. I also made a few friends at the station that way.

When I was 17 I got into some nasty stuff, but that didn't stop them from issuing. Been clean (without even a ticket) for close to 20 years.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
If you've ever appeared in any court, anywhere for anything other than as a witness or complainant, answer yes and explain it in complete detail. Do no under any circumstances try to hide it; do not try to pretend it never happened; do not lie about it. Just tell the truth. Once upon a time, I had an incident that is funny looking back at it 40 years later. Ever since then, I've told the story in detail on numerous job applications, security clearance applications and LTC applications. It's never caused the slightest problem, often getting a laugh from the person reviewing the application. As someone once said after Nixon got in trouble, it's never the crime that gets you; it's the cover-up.

(If you really want to know all the gorey details, then buy me a few drinks sometime.)

Ken

(If you really want to know all the gorey details, then buy me a few drinks sometime.)

Ken

Would like to compare stories sometime. Mine involved a 16 year old sister of a State Trooper, a glass a wine, a radar detector, my spoiled 17 year old attitude, on a Friday night before a three day wekeend.

Glad those days are over.

Back
Top Bottom