What should I do?

Ok, so i've just found out I might have an in with the licensing officer in my town. I got my LTC-A with restriction back in july before i knew this.

Apparently my dad's very good longtime friend is cousins with the LEO for my city. My parents are both applying for their first issuance (YAY!!) and he told them to put his name down as a reference.

Now, I've done some research before. I called the CHSB and asked about the possibility of lifting the restriction. He stated that my hometown has been known to update the license without a new application after a period of time, usually some months. The LEO has the power to do that apparently.

Now i havent talked to my dad's friend yet, but assuming he is on very good terms with his cousin (which i assume as he's letting my parents use him as a reference) I beleive I would have a good chance of having the restriction lifted. I'm on good terms with my dad's friend too.

Any opinions or suggestions? I'm thinking i should talk to my dad's friend first.

I think you should wait and see what type of license your parents receive. If he issues them a restricted LTC; it's highly unlikely he'll upgrade yours. On the other hand, if they receive unrestricted LTC's; that may work in your favor.

I think you should move to a freer part of the country. Reading threads like this make me sick. Thank the gods Maine is still a free state. I can't believe the restrictions you all have done there in occupied Mass. :(
I licence to own guns... Come on!!!! Don

Last edited:
MikeH, Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

THEFAN, I couldnt agree with you more on this BS we recieve. The thing is, I really like where i live. It just sucks that this is how firearm owners are treated here.

Ok, so i've just found out I might have an in with the licensing officer in my town. I got my LTC-A with restriction back in july before i knew this.

Apparently my dad's very good longtime friend is cousins with the LEO for my city. My parents are both applying for their first issuance (YAY!!) and he told them to put his name down as a reference.

Now, I've done some research before. I called the CHSB and asked about the possibility of lifting the restriction. He stated that my hometown has been known to update the license without a new application after a period of time, usually some months. The LEO has the power to do that apparently.

Now i havent talked to my dad's friend yet, but assuming he is on very good terms with his cousin (which i assume as he's letting my parents use him as a reference) I beleive I would have a good chance of having the restriction lifted. I'm on good terms with my dad's friend too.

Any opinions or suggestions? I'm thinking i should talk to my dad's friend first.

I think it's sad that you have to know someone. I think it equally demonstrates how power does corrupt and how the local authorities abuse any discretion given to them. Good luck anyway![sad]

Back
Top Bottom