What should I expect to pay for a Glock 20, and how often are they on the MA Market?

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
I was in California this week, and an old friend of mine took me to his local range to shoot some of his new acquisitions since the last time we were together.

He had a nice early 1900's combination gun with two 12 gauge barrels over an 8mm Mauser (Fun gun for the first dozen loads, then it starts to get ouchy)

What really caught my attention was his Gen 2.5 Glock 20. It just felt right. I knew right then and there that I had to have one. It just fit my hand, and while my friend said the recoil was a bit much for him at first, it just felt perfect to me.

I have been searching and calling around to some LGS today and wondering what I should expect to pay for one if I can find it (or get one transferred in somehow)

I guess without knowing what the Mass Premium for them is, I don't know if I have enough cash on hand for one.

Any suggestions? I see some on GB, but most are not pre-AG/EOPS list, and the couple that are don't ship to MA.

Any advice from my NES brethren would be greatly appreciated.

You might also consider a Glock 21 too. Same frame in .45. They're much easier to find. Worst case, you could rebarrel it in 10mm.

I was fortunate in picking up a Glock 20 years ago, and like mine also. Nice gun, and I don't find the recoil particularly bad. If anything, the 21 is probably a little milder compared to the 20.

Keep searching LGS. You should be able to find Gen 4 NIB ~$700. You might want to wait for the Glock 40 though, which is a long slide/barrel 10mm.

I've seen a few G20's usually around $550. They don't command the premiums as most people don't want 10mm handguns. They are too frightening. ☺

Unfortunately, I am not a LEO, so my options probably top out at gen 2 or 2.5 (unless I find a private party) due to the AG "list that is not a list"

I would wait for the 40, provided it can take the same pre-ban magazines as the G20 AND it is somehow magically Mass compliant.

I've seen a few G20's usually around $550. They don't command the premiums as most people don't want 10mm handguns. They are too frightening. ☺

I found it quite nice to shoot. The real scary thing was when we pulled up to the range and my friend had 2 large golf bags that he had re-purposed into range bags. You should have seen the looks from the old folks at the range (we did this at about 2 in the afternoon) 8 rifles, 2 shotguns, the combination gun, and 5 handguns, and all the ammo and lube (food and drink he calls it) for the fun afternoon at the range

Best part (to me) is that he made his girlfriend break down and clean everything when we got home. It was her penance for forgetting to clean up a couple weeks ago when she brought her out-of-town Mom to the range for some trap.

I have Gen 2.5 that is my everyday carry. Ive thought about selling it lately, but I love that pistol so much. Hard decision to make.

$480-$700 depending on generation and your willingness to only accept reasonable prices.

$480-$700 depending on generation and your willingness to only accept reasonable prices.

Thanks, I was thinking in the $550-$600 range based on new ones being around $700, but I have no idea what the Mass Premium is on this model of used Glock, especially since I sometimes see used models that are difficult to get in MA selling for a stupid price.

Sadly don't seem to see them here too often. I look, but lot of asking prices, you seem from time to time here, are very high. I was fortunate to find a 29 from out of state that was MA compliant/ old as hell but NIB and got it. That might be your best bet. Then you gotta think bout ammo tho ha that's another factor

I have a G20 paid around 600, Got it at Four Seasons. They usually get 2-3 a year but don't wait. Call them the second you see it online or you'll loose it. I missed on 4 of them before I got mine.
I also have a G29 Paid a little more for that one. Love them both.

I've got one as well. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Glocks, but I do like 10mm and there aren't a lot of choices. For a Glock, it's a nice gun. It's accurate, and the 10mm is a pretty flat shooting cartridge, so if you do your part you can ping steel plates at 100 yards all day. Recoil is a little sharper than a 1911, but pretty manageable.

Not sure which Gen., but I bought it out of State and had it shipped to a local FFL, so I assume it's one of the earlier ones. It came with 3-4 mags., a holster and an upgraded match barrel. I think I paid about $500 for it. :) But that was 6-7 years ago.

You might also consider a Glock 21 too. Same frame in .45. They're much easier to find. Worst case, you could rebarrel it in 10mm.

I was fortunate in picking up a Glock 20 years ago, and like mine also. Nice gun, and I don't find the recoil particularly bad. If anything, the 21 is probably a little milder compared to the 20.

One interesting point is that while I have a .40 barrel for the G20, I prefer stock 10mm ammo to .40 ammo in it. I'm guessing that the .40 ammo is designed for a shorter barrel. Whatever the reason, the 10mm just seems less "snappy."

Back
Top Bottom