• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What' the most ridiculous? in all this..

Inflation alone is going to stifle prices returning to "Good Old Days" levels anytime soon.
I keep telling people this. We’ve been printing nonstop since 2008.
They were able to hide it for a bit, but the chickens are coming home to roost.
Just had a client decide to wait to do a basement over because they think prices will be cheaper in October.
Also had a friend decide to wait to purchase a $300 shotgun.
Seriously, what price does he think it will drop to? Meanwhile he has no shotgun.

I have have half a metric shit-ton of ammo I paid normal prices for. Boxes and boxes of 9mm I know i paid less than $20/100 rounds. 5.56 I know I paid less than $8 / 20 rounds.

Thing is, I couldn't afford to replace it. So I just don't go to the range very often, and if I do, I only shoot a box or two, not my range bag full of ammo as was my usual.

A few hundred rounds of 44 mag ammo I had listed here last year for around 70 cents a round never sold so I put it on GB and ended up getting $2 or more per round and much of it was bought by dealers (not sure if it was for resale or for their own use). Never thought I'd get that much (thank you fellow NEShooters for not buying it last year 😆😆😆). I have never seen things this crazy and it may be the turning point where ammo, etc. is not cheap again.

I keep telling people this. We’ve been printing nonstop since 2008.
They were able to hide it for a bit, but the chickens are coming home to roost.
Just had a client decide to wait to do a basement over because they think prices will be cheaper in October.
Also had a friend decide to wait to purchase a $300 shotgun.
Seriously, what price does he think it will drop to? Meanwhile he has no shotgun.
Do they really think the prices will drop, or is that a polite way for them to not lay out the funds at this time? Perhaps they need the money more in the savings for a rainy day or bills?

Every time this happens everyone states prices will never go back down. And everytime it does. You need to stop buying at high prices.
Steel Tula was at 75cpr max, even at 80cpr on gunbroker. It is back to 55-57cpr. It will come back. It is only matter of time

Do they really think the prices will drop, or is that a polite way for them to not lay out the funds at this time? Perhaps they need the money more in the savings for a rainy day or bills?
I get what you’re saying. Money is definitely not the issue for the basement people. They honestly think prices will drop significantly by fall.
The shotgun guy blows with the wind. He’ll probably change his mind next month.

This.

You can find everything except primers.... unless you want to put a lot of work and effort.
Shooters had cases of small pistol last weekend. 1000 primers for $90.....limit 1000 per customer. It's coming back...but the prices are high

I bought .45 for .80 cents per round x 200
(Tired of looking around and driving for it)

Today
I shot 100 rounds of .45 $80
I shot 200 rounds of 22l $40
I shot 50 rounds of 9mm $34
$154
Today I shot

100 rounds of 45acp...my reloads......$18.

50 rounds of 357....my reloads.....$9.

Shot a shit ton of 22 as well but I've had it so long I forgot what I paid for it.....but I averaged 4 to 6 cents a round when I was stocking up on it. Got a f*** ton of that on the shelves too......way over 10k rounds.

Got about a thou centerfire reloads made up......plenty of powder and projos left to make a couple thou more

Yall Gotta stock up on the components when they are cheap and plentiful.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if everyone stopped buying ammo at inflated prices? I imagine the shortage would end soon after.
Who's gonna tell all the newbs and pant shitters to stop buying ammo?

Only if I was literally out of all ammo. Which I am not, so no.

I have have half a metric shit-ton of ammo I paid normal prices for. Boxes and boxes of 9mm I know i paid less than $20/100 rounds. 5.56 I know I paid less than $8 / 20 rounds.

Thing is, I couldn't afford to replace it. So I just don't go to the range very often, and if I do, I only shoot a box or two, not my range bag full of ammo as was my usual.
a box or two of practice with a goal in mind is way more productive than blasting away for hours on end anyway. Way I see it I still buy gas if it goes up, I still buy food if it goes up, ammo is no different. I just buy what I need to replace what I'm using out of my normal stock and supplement as much as I can by reloading (I only reload 9mm when prices go high like they are now). I have a seperate stash for shtf/go time that I won't break into unless it's time to.

Inflation alone is going to stifle prices returning to "Good Old Days" levels anytime soon.
Not so much inflation, but the natural desire to maximize profit.

It's like houses - the mere rumor that the guy down the street got a record high price for his house will instantly raise the price of new listings, however, sellers will very slowly and carefully react to a decline in the market. Every time there is an ammo or primer crisis prices eventually recede to a "new normal" higher than pre-crisis prices.

I'm tired of hearing places like Winchester say a price increase is due to "increased costs" as they did with their recent 8% increase. I wish someone would be honest and just say "we feel this increase is in the best interest of our owners and shareholders".

Not so much inflation, but the natural desire to maximize profit.

It's like houses - the mere rumor that the guy down the street got a record high price for his house will instantly raise the price of new listings, however, sellers will very slowly and carefully react to a decline in the market. Every time there is an ammo or primer crisis prices eventually recede to a "new normal" higher than pre-crisis prices.

I'm tired of hearing places like Winchester say a price increase is due to "increased costs" as they did with their recent 8% increase. I wish someone would be honest and just say "we feel this increase is in the best interest of our owners and shareholders".

I would have to laugh if someone decided to quote Rod Blagojevich in their justification for a price increase.

090129-blago-impeachment-830a.fit-760w.jpg

That would piss off every one of their customers, except a few like you; so it wouldn’t make a great business decision.

I wonder what would happen if everyone stopped buying ammo at inflated prices? I imagine the shortage would end soon after.
It might. But people can't help themselves.

Sooner or later people would rush to the stores.

Every time this happens everyone states prices will never go back down. And everytime it does. You need to stop buying at high prices.

It may come down some, but it's not returning to 2019 prices.....especially if communists continue to control DC.
Steel Tula was at 75cpr max, even at 80cpr on gunbroker. It is back to 55-57cpr. It will come back. It is only matter of time

You may NEVER see another round of Tula or Wolf if imports stop....and they very likely could, just like when the Chinese ammo stopped in the 90's.

Well it might.....then again, if the shortage ended, those who were "ammo deprived" would just be backing their trucks up so as not to have a repeat in their future.

If there is a pistol round that is worth getting into reloading for, its the 357. Costs me about 13 cents a round, or $6.50 per 50. And you have so much flexibility with the type of loads. And its fun.
Projectiles in this market are about $0.13/ round, if you can get them. Hope you are stocked up!

Won't even discuss primers.

Well you all saw it coming before O got elected. You should of prepared. There are three stages. First buy all the ammo you can. Second, realize there is no ammo and buy reloading equipment. Oh Oh realize you need reloading components. Sorry if you are not prepared.

Back
Top Bottom