What' the most ridiculous? in all this..

blindndead

NES Member
Went to a shop after work and I was all excited I found some Remington .357 for my revolver. Hey honest to god the most ridiculous price I have seen yet $70 bucks for 50 rounds I almost S&^T!!
I know things are not normal but seriously?? I think I'm going to need your help to start reloading. Would you pay that price??

f*** no, it's why i'm a reloader! it seems reloading is paying off again...until i finally run out of primers. i'm hoping we'll be out of the worst by that time.

I'm curious, how old was the ammo? Was this brand new, a few years old, or put up on consignment or from an estate and twenty, thirty, forty years old?

Went to a shop after work and I was all excited I found some Remington .357 for my revolver. Hey honest to god the most ridiculous price I have seen yet $70 bucks for 50 rounds I almost S&^T!!
I know things are not normal but seriously?? I think I'm going to need your help to start reloading. Would you pay that price??
I will trade 1,000 rounds of 5.56 for your LP.

I me
I'm curious, how old was the ammo? Was this brand new, a few years old, or put up on consignment or from an estate and twenty, thirty, forty years old?
I mean old as like antique? collectors item? didn't look that old. I mean unless i'm missing something? explodes on impact gold plated? IDK 2 boxes with a tag of $70 bucks.

I me

I mean old as like antique? collectors item? didn't look that old. I mean unless i'm missing something? explodes on impact gold plated? IDK 2 boxes with a tag of $70 bucks.

Old as in "some guy died and the shop bought up the estate". I've noticed shops raiding estate sales for guns and ammo since COVID begun, plus putting up tons of stuff on consignment, including ammo. Some of this stuff can be priced, in polite terms, "inconsistent in view of market equilibrium."

I'm also curious if new post-acquisition-by-Federal Remington ammo has hit shelves.

Old as in "some guy died and the shop bought up the estate". I've noticed shops raiding estate sales for guns and ammo since COVID begun, plus putting up tons of stuff on consignment, including ammo. Some of this stuff can be priced, in polite terms, "inconsistent in view of market equilibrium."

I'm also curious if new post-acquisition-by-Federal Remington ammo has hit shelves.
Remington ammo has been showing up quite a bit on TSUSA and Larry P's, some of the packaging has been updated, believe they are back up and running.

When you put it that way. I can see that happening.

A buck a round and higher is nuts. Reloading has been the way to go for me, but powder and primer availability and prices are impacting that too. Wtf? It's not gold dust and hen's teeth! Hoping things will ease over the summer.

I bought .45 for .80 cents per round x 200
(Tired of looking around and driving for it)

Today
I shot 100 rounds of .45 $80
I shot 200 rounds of 22l $40
I shot 50 rounds of 9mm $34
$154

You are going to start reloading? Please tell where you will find powder and primers
Powder is pretty easy, just gotta watch the right sites. Yeah, primers are much tougher but they can be found when they drop...just plan on your "cart" crashing more often than not, but you'll win a brick here and there!

Source: new reloader since December!

I can’t stomach paying these prices and even if supply meets demand this will take a long time to recover from until the next event..

Time to find that old Crosman revolver, slap in a CO2 powerlet and practice your muscle memory with 0.177 cal wadcutters 👌
This, I picked a decent air gun and i'm juts plinking away at cans in the back yard, plenty of pellets on the shelves. Reminds me of when we had a small range built in my dads basement and I would shoot for hours down there.

I can’t stomach paying these prices and even if supply meets demand this will take a long time to recover from until the next event..

Inflation alone is going to stifle prices returning to "Good Old Days" levels anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom