• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do with leftover ammo?

I did a search on this and found a few old threads with no real definitive answer so figured I’d ask again.

I have a couple boxes of ammo I no longer have any use for (about $60 worth). Wondering what exactly I’m legally allowed to do with them in MA. Can I sell them to an individual, give them away, dispose of them someway? There’s no chance I’m going to shoot them and I’d hate to just see them collecting dust.

Sell the ammo or give it away. I’m sure some duck or predator hunters out there would love that stuff.

Are you really worried about the law? It's your property. Do whatever the hell you want with it. In the unlikely event someone calls the cops on you for giving your new buddy (me) a handful of shotgun shells just deny it and demand pictures. If they provide pictures deny it again. If they say three highly trained government spies watched the transaction from the bushes across the street plead insanity and beg for forgiveness.
But by then I'll have the shells and and I'll have fled to Argentina. Shit, I didn't mean Argentina. I meant somewhere else.

Give it away. What caliper?

hi-tech-diamond-4-in-digital-caliper.jpg

Looks like a 27mm?

Sprinkle it around your local mall or school. Just kidding. Don't do that. It wasn't that long ago that most Americans were familiar with ammo and wouldn't have a hissy fit at the sight of the stuff.

Take it to a local gun shop and tell them you dont want it. Some employee will scoop it up. Or leave it in the clubhouse of your nearest gun club with a note reading "Free".

Back
Top Bottom