• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do with range brass.

roccoracer

NES Member
I have amassed a lot of range brass over the years and I am wondering what I should do with it. I have at least one 5 gallon bucket full of 9mm and I don't reload 9. I also have another 2 or 3 buckets full of other brass of cartridges I dont reload. Is it worth bothering to sell it or should I just scrap it?
Thank you.

I have amassed a lot of range brass over the years and I am wondering what I should do with it. I have at least one 5 gallon bucket full of 9mm and I don't reload 9. I also have another 2 or 3 buckets full of other brass of cartridges I dont reload. Is it worth bothering to sell it or should I just scrap it?
Thank you.
sell it to someone here on NES SOMEONE will want out. If your going to scrap it sell it to someone here for scrap price. Place local to me last I checked was $1.10 for "clean" brass which means no dirt, sand, paper, cig butts, aluminum cases. The more non brass stuff there is the price goes down. It does not have to be Shinny brass. Oh and they frown own 22lr cases

sell it to someone here on NES SOMEONE will want out. If your going to scrap it sell it to someone here for scrap price. Place local to me last I checked was $1.10 for "clean" brass which means no dirt, sand, paper, cig butts, aluminum cases. The more non brass stuff there is the price goes down. It does not have to be Shinny brass. Oh and they frown own 22lr cases
This. OP its a sin to scrap usable brass. At the very least sell for scrap value and youre not losing anything.

If anyone just wants to get rid of any brass, my broke ass will welcome I'm in Foxboro, MA.
I have a bunch of reloading stuff, just trying to save up for brass , primers and a bit more powder before I can start.

Here is some of what I have mostly sorted. 74 pounds of 9mm. 12 pounds of 5.56 and 30 pounds of 44 special/magnum. I also have a large tote I would need to sort.

Attachments

• 20230305_173527.jpg
    20230305_173527.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230305_174122.jpg
    20230305_174122.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230305_173551.jpg
    20230305_173551.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230305_174510.jpg
    20230305_174510.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 49
Keep it. You may reload someday. I kept my brass for many years when I wasn't reloading. Been reloading for about 5 years now and I'll NEVER have to worry about having enough brass. Ever.

I collected enough brass through the years that I sold it all and basically paid for my Dillon 550 setup. Now I really only connect what I reload for. Put a cheap price on it and it will go fast to someone who really wants it!

I’ve had good luck selling brass on the CMP forums and on the reloading discord server. Not so much on NES lol

Sell it as reloadable brass not scrap.

I collected enough brass through the years that I sold it all and basically paid for my Dillon 550 setup. Now I really only connect what I reload for. Put a cheap price on it and it will go fast to someone who really wants it!
This is similar to shelfbuilder's dillema.

You have a pile of boards that need to be kept off a damp floor so you use the wood to build shelves to keep the lumber high and dry, but once you are done you have no boards left to put on the shelves.

Aha!!! You have enough brass to sell to buy a reloading machine, so you sell the brass, buy a Dilllon or Mk7 and no longer have any brass to load.

Might have to see if someone is willing to trade my brass and labor for teaching me how to reload.
@EddieCoyle teaches reloading
@Michael J. Spangler does an annual bullet casting seminar.

People might want your brass
Probably don't want your labor (the cost of the casting seminar is very cheap)
Ask around the reloading area - centuries of experience free for the asking.

Sell it. 9mm is like 3 or 4 cents a case and you could make a good chunk of change for the .44

Aha!!! You have enough brass to sell to buy a reloading machine, so you sell the brass, buy a Dilllon or Mk7 and no longer have any brass to load.

That's a crapload of brass. I wish I could justify a need. A nice success story.

Back
Top Bottom