• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What to do with range brass.

I don't own a 223 or 556.
I sold my last 223 like 10 years ago.
hmm, it`s like saying - i am not drinking merlot, i`m a pinot noir only person.
giphy.gif

:)
it`s a perfectly fine caliber, for its uses. if i get a new safe and more storage places i may make a bolt gun in it, to join 3 gas guns i have in it now.

@EddieCoyle teaches reloading
@Michael J. Spangler does an annual bullet casting seminar.

People might want your brass
Probably don't want your labor (the cost of the casting seminar is very cheap)
Ask around the reloading area - centuries of experience free for the asking.
@pastera is as much as part of it as I am. He graciously hosts.

Great way to help your reloading costs drop significantly.

Warning casting is another hobby on its own and it’s very rewarding. @Michael J. Spangler and @pastera are great guys that are not only experts but they offer a ton of help along the way.
Shh - we don't warn people about the turns one takes down the guns rabbit hole.
If they know it's a hotel California then they won't step through the door.

My first year of shooting, there were a couple of older Marines and one older civilian who were really helpful in me advancing my skill set. First with accuracy and now with speed; even let me shoot their pistols and rifles, some calibers would have been mighty hard to replace in 2020. No one cared when I brought up that point.

I’m not up in NH as much this last year, but should I go shoot Sunday mornings or take an evening skill builder, I’m welcomed right back.

In May, I’ll be escaping to the Southwest. All three reload, so I divided up my collected brass and gave it to the gents as a thank you.

I have amassed a lot of range brass over the years and I am wondering what I should do with it. I have at least one 5 gallon bucket full of 9mm and I don't reload 9. I also have another 2 or 3 buckets full of other brass of cartridges I dont reload. Is it worth bothering to sell it or should I just scrap it?
Thank you.

Give it to someone who re-loads, who might reimburse you with some nice ammo.

I did this. I bought some projectiles, and gave them plus a LOT of brass to a reloader, who made up the .223 for me, as well as gave me some 9mm. A few hundred rounds total, probably, in exchange for a 5-gallon bucket plus a bunch more boxes of brass.

Back
Top Bottom