• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What will new Chief of Police in Norton Bring?

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Current Police Chief Bruce Finch is retiring in Norton. The Town Manager and the board of selectmen will open a search for his replacement, restricted to current Norton Police Officers.

Norton is a very gun friendly town now. Chief Finch and his issuing officer Lt Stanley Walasavage have been fair in their issuing of LTC permits in the town.

Now I wonder what affect a new chief will have.

I hope the Town Fathers will choose a Chief who supports our rights to a LTC for ALP.

I urge Pro-gun Norton residents to contact their Selectmen, and the Town Manager, to express their opinions on gun licensing.

Bill

This is the quote from today's Sun Chronicle Internet Post.

In the way of appointments, no hiring will be more important than that of a new police chief. With Chief Bruce Finch retiring, Purcell said, finding a new chief will be of supreme importance.

"It's a huge thing. It's very important to the (police) department, and to the community," he said.

Purcell said the selection process - limited to Norton police per a Board of Selectmen decision - includes not only the civil service exam, but other factors as well.

"The exam does not measure their leadership abilities," he said, noting that a professional assessment team will conduct its own evaluation. "I want to see the whole candidate."

Last edited:
My first post here, just found this site with the help of a current member.

I am a cop in a neighboring community to Norton. While I can't say that I know ALL of the members of that department, I do know quite a few. And, I have always found them to be not only very good cops, but very good people too.

From what I know, I wouldn't worry too much about his replacement.

Thats my .02 cents.

SteveB

UncleStevie45

welcome to our board. I'm really not too worried about any of the Norton police. My Step son was on the department, and his brother is on the Attleboro department. I've met a lot of good local cops including many from Mansfield, Plainville, North Attleboro and others. Some are also members on this forum.

I may just be paranoid, but with the Deval Patrick regime in power, I'm afraid that public opinion is going to go even stronger against LTC A ALP licenses.

I checked my licenses this morning, and I have at least 4 years before I have to worry, and if the new Chief doesn't show support, I'll have time to move by then. With the weather getting warmer here every winter, Maine might not be a bad thing anymore.

Again welcome to the group, and thanks for the tough job you do for us.

Thanks for the welcome.

I started in Plainville PD, almost 14 years ago. I have since, sadly, moved on.

To date, that is my favorite place that I have worked, other than the Marine Corps.

And, I agree. Maine is looking better and better every day. But, it always looked good to me.

Thanks for the welcome.

I started in Plainville PD, almost 14 years ago. I have since, sadly, moved on.

To date, that is my favorite place that I have worked, other than the Marine Corps.

And, I agree. Maine is looking better and better every day. But, it always looked good to me.

If You like Maine , I had a uncle that was a Oxford County Sheriff , I rode with Him a couple of nights years ago , Boy . You want to talk about a big area to cover. Plus they cover the fryburg Fair . [smile]
Bob

Back
Top Bottom