• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What will you bring to 2019 CMP season

mac1911

NES Member
A thread to talk about what we shoot at CMP/NRA events

4/14/18 Pembroke OCSA
Not sure if I will run garand match or shoot 2 entries in ModernMilitary
AR w/69 Grain nosler and 24 grains varget then M1a or 308 M1.
155 grain nosler with 42 grains H4895

Will also bring one of the 22s for 200 yard sight in if time allows.

Bone stock Colt SP1 with a web sling for MM
53gr Nosler CC / 25.5 Varget

Maybe bring the M14 for an MM re-entry?
168 Nosler CC /41.0 IMR4895

I tuned the trigger on my M14 GI clone last night. It was ~6 lb pull and very creepy in 2nd, got it down to a nice 5lb crisp break.

M1a made weight . I swapped out hardware and stocks until I made the 9lbs , only problem is it’s with a stock that’s loose. O well
Weighed all the hardware. I can still remove clip guide if I need a oz or so.

Took the M14 GI parts kit rifle out today, LC 147gr ball from target sports is holding the 10 ring, so I'm probably shoot that rifle + ammo combo on Sunday.

I will be bringing a serious disgust for CMP's MM rules that change every year to pander to the busy-body whiners. :D

I should be close to landing in Bombay about the time the match starts on Sunday. Otherwise I'd be bringing my CMP new rules abomination, the free-float AR. I'll bring the Franco special Krieger M1 and some better bullets to the match in May but will shoot the CMP Special all the other matches until the one just before Vermont. Vintage will be the K31 or M39, and Springfield will be the '03 National Match. I have a fat front sight for the '03 and need to get off my ass and install it. For MM I'll rotate in the Bula and 308 M1.

Good luck to everyone for the match on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom