• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Would You Do In This Scenario?

Eddie_Valiant

NES Member
Most of us don't receive fire/no fire training, but these pictures of the firefight in Watertown on Thursday April 18 / Friday April 19 intrigued me.

The pics were take by a guy on what appears to be the second floor and he's clearly got a shot at the perps. Had that been me, I know I would have had my Ruger 9mm in hand.

What would you have done in this circumstance? I'd really like to hear from experienced and novice shooters, and any LEOs.

Watertown Firefight.jpg

Last edited:
Most of us don't receive fire/no fire training, but these pictures of the firefight in Watertown on Thursday April 18 / Friday April 19 intrigued me.

The pics were take by a guy on what appears to be the second floor and he's clearly got a shot at the perps. Had that been me, I know I would have had my Ruger 9mm in hand. I'm not certain but I think I would have taken a shot at them, especially knowing that they were shooting at the police at that moment.

What would you have done in this circumstance? I'd really like to hear from experienced and novice shooters, and any LEOs.

View attachment 64476

Not sure it would end well for you, given where we are and all.

I see the immediate issue that you have no way of notifying other friendly shooters in the area that you are in fact 'friendly'. All it takes is for someone to see muzzle flash from the window or the sounds of shots coming from a new area, and they then think there's a possible hostile shooter on the 2nd floor. They can't tell where you're aiming, just that shots are now coming from a new vantage point.

I see the immediate issue that you have no way of notifying other friendly shooters in the area that you are in fact 'friendly'. All it takes is for someone to see muzzle flash from the window or the sounds of shots coming from a new area, and they then think there's a possible hostile shooter on the 2nd floor. They can't tell where you're aiming, just that shots are now coming from a new vantage point.

+1

WOW, WTF....I also would have had my Ruger 9mm. Ive never Shot aiming down, how far were you? Im good at 30 feet max "accurate" fire. If i had my shotgun with some buck and ball then yea easy. How was your cover/concealment from the 2nd floor? Sneak/Peak fire? or a continuous 10 round, magazine change, 10 rounds, mag change hold off on using my last 10 round mag unless needed,

we already covered this. the police would probably start engaging you.

universally stupid move to just start taking potshots at the guys unless you had a raging murderboner and wanted to GET SOME.

My guns are for the protection of myself and my family, UNLESS, there was a direct threat to us in this case I would not do anything except be ready.

Agree with the above issues of engaging plus adding these.

If you incapacitated them and they captured live your a hero. Probably still dealing with courts, but public support would be your out here I would think.

If you killed them your *****ed

Remember the incident involving Gabby Giffords? There was a CCW guy that went out of his way to run towards the gunshots and try to shoot who he thought was the perpetrator. My opinion is that action was just stone a55 stupid.

My ccw is for me and my family. Unless I'm right next to someone in mortal danger, I'm likely not going to understand the situation nor will others (cops, other first responders) know who I am or what I'm doing.

If you want to play hero then step it up and be a cop. Otherwise use your firearms to generally protect just yourself.

Again, just an opinion.

That's why you need a flash hider on your AR, silly![laugh] In all seriousness, though, I feel you are spot on. There was very high stress in that situation, and cops from every angle very well could have opened up a barrage of gunfire at you for trying to be a "good Samaritan".[rolleyes] This is why the myofb philosophy works best in situations like this - especially here in the NE.

we already covered this. the police would probably start engaging you.

universally stupid move to just start taking potshots at the guys unless you had a raging murderboner and wanted to GET SOME.

[laugh2]never had one of those "raging murderboners" yet. Do they make a "special" Viagara type drug to induce that condition?[laugh]

I believe there were pictures of a shot that came from the west side, the side the police were on, that penetrated his wall then proceeded thru his chair. Seems as if his safety was in question anyway.

I would wait for the moment when they are both in line with each other, then take them out with 1 bolt from my crossbow...Daryl style.

The guy taking the pictures is just luck he didn't catch a stray round. Other pictures show a couple did hit the house. Smart move is grab your gun, drop our camera, and get as far away from the action as possible.

[laugh2]never had one of those "raging murderboners" yet. Do they make a "special" Viagara type drug to induce that condition?[laugh]

i don't need 'dem pills when i've got me some prime chechen targets of opportunity in my front yard! whoo doggy! GET SOME! GET SOME!

TIME TO POST ON NES ABOUT MY ADVENTURE!

"dear NES,

today i done killed me a brown person, folks was in the streets shootin' at cops so i popped their head like a ripe melon with a precision shot from my custom-built magpul-only AR. i wouldn't let the SWAT team in my house to investigate why i was firing out the window, i kept telling them "COME BACK WITH A WARRANT" and that they were violating my rights and that my rights felt... moelsted. they kicked the door, proned me out, and i now am back home after being charged with open and gross assholism during the daytime for a felony.

weak.

sincerely,

murderboner"

You would pull out your Ruger 9mm and kill them, or attempt to anyway?? Riiiight.

Then when the Feds & cops saw gunfire coming from your house or window, they would then riddle you with bullet holes and kill you, and everyone in your family. Congratulations, you're dead.

This just came to mind.

The safest thought I can come up with if I were in this guy's shoes would be to call 911 and tell them that if a sniper were to come up to his 2nd floor apt, he'd have a clear shot at the perps. In that way, those on the ground would be aware of the sniper position and no legal fall-out for the apt dweller (and he won't get shot by "friendlies").

This just came to mind.

The safest thought I can come up with if I were in this guy's shoes would be to call 911 and tell them that if a sniper were to come up to his 2nd floor apt, he'd have a clear shot at the perps. In that way, those on the ground would be aware of the sniper position and no legal fall-out for the apt dweller (and he won't get shot by "friendlies").

NES answer: I DON'T NEED THE POLICE TO FIGHT MY BATTLES!!!

i figure if we're running this thread into the ground, it's full speed ahead.

This just came to mind.

Now Len, the policy here is to NOT let cops into your house......[grin]

...would be to call 911 and tell them that if a sniper were to come up to his 2nd floor apt, he'd have a clear shot at the perps....

Could be a trap...I doubt they can send a sniper into a house that quickly - because of a phone call. They would have to send a SWAT team first, clearing the house.

I wouldn't get involved....you would stand a good chance of getting shot including members of your family, you would likely get arrested and have your arms
confiscated and to be labled as unsuitable. IMO

I know, I know . . . NES is anti-police . . . never talk to the police, never let them enter your house, etc.

My posting that was a thought that reflects my background and where I live, not a metropolitan area where nobody knows anyone.

If/when I call the police in my town, I identify myself and having worked for them for years and knowing many on a first-name basis, my credibility with them is a lot higher than the average person. I'll admit that if I lived in Boston (perish the thought), as one of xxx,xxx subjects, totally unknown to anyone in authority, I indeed would have second thoughts on my suggestion.

ROFLMAO at some of those responses. Thanks for the laughs.

Interesting thought here, as mentioned above there is a picture of bullet holes in the house. Would be an interesting defense in court to say;

"Look, my life and my roomates life was in danger by what was happening. See the bullet holes? So I grabbed my AR and put a stop to it."

Not to say I would have done that. AR in the basement with family minding my own biz would be route here.

one Molotov on the rocks?

cheers-bitches-o.gif

I wouldn't have done anything. I don't trust the cops to be shooting at the right guys, and I wouldn't want to be the one that gets them off the hook for killing innocent people by doing their wet work for them.

I would have taken as many pics as possible of the scene outside my window (without getting perforated in the process), and posted those pics on NES immediately.

Back
Top Bottom