• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What you deer guys think of these???

Went to dicks sporting goods and picked up some scent blocker and saw they had camo duck tape stuff works great, will see how it holds up in the field. Also had a nice deal on a realtree HD suit $50 so picked one up, I hunted last season in my old Marine digital cammies and a orange hunting jacket was warm but I think the jump suit is much better to get in and out of.

camo.jpg

camo-1.jpg

Nice job with the camo.

Did you tape over a synthetic stock or a wood stock? I ask because a deer's eyesight is different from ours and the most important thing to hide is glare, like the sun glinting off a shiny wood stock. If you have a black synth stock the tape isn't necessary. Although, I suppose it could help break up outlines.

Yeah I had a wood stock, it still had a shiny finish to it. I really don't use this shotgun much have had it for years and years. I only got it out last year for shotgun season, which I did noticed that it had some glare when the sun would come up.

And it's always good to break up the outline of the shotgun, I thought about doing the barrel but thought twice the heat would melt the tape at some point. So just stuck with doing the stock and receiver.

Yeah much cheaper then getting it painted. We will see how it holds up but for $7 a roll I don't mind taking another 30mins to redo it each year.

Back
Top Bottom