Whats a Good North of Boston All Around Club?

Im looking for a good all around club north of Boston. Not way out on the NH border but more if I live in the North Shore area or a little inward. I shoot a lot of shotgun (mainly skeet and sc/five stand) but also enjoy rifles, pistols and a little archery. Any advice is appreciated.

How north of Boston?

Mass Rifle has advantages
Woburn Sportsmen has different advantages.

One is *just* inside 128, the other just outside.

If you don't mind a club on the ass end of 128, come to cape ann sportsman's club in Gloucester! [laugh]

No range officer present in order to shoot by the way.

Last edited:
Reading Rifle is looking for new members.
we have all the way up to 600 yd ranges and a pretty good shotgun sports following
indoor pistol and smallbore

i dont know that i'd say Reading is "looking for new members". There's a substantial backlog of applications, as each one has to be vetted by a current member in good standing. best time to inquire is sunday mornings when someone on the board will be at the clubhouse.

as for the 600yd range, there are firing lines @ 200, 300, 500 and 600yards.

Country pond in newton nh. Just over the boarder. Lots of open to the public events for you to check them put including pistol plate shoots 22 rifle ate shoots pin shoots indoor and outdoor cowboy action 3 gun plus trap. There is an open to the public event just about every weekend there. Check out their website for coming events.

Any of these ranges allow shotgun use that isn't slug? Been checking out some websites and it seems that the ranges require slugs. How the hell am I supposed to figure out patterns for turkey hunting if I can only use slugs?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Any of these ranges allow shotgun use that isn't slug? Been checking out some websites and it seems that the ranges require slugs. How the hell am I supposed to figure out patterns for turkey hunting if I can only use slugs?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Country pond has a trap range that you can pattern a shotgun on. They have a metal frame and poster boards. Just show up for public trap.....Saturday opens at 1pm sundays at 9am. If you shoot a round of trap they'll likely let you pattern a gun between rounds if you want.

Most clubs don't want you using numbered birdshot on the rifle range for good reason by the way........it fu@k$ up the target holders! At cpfg you can't use bird shot/buckshot on club hangers......but if you bring your own target board that is ok.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom