What's everybody doing tomorrow?

J

Jose

Tomorrow the forecast is for a cold morning (mid 20s) followed by a nice day (high 30s, sunny, little wind).

I'll be at Miami Rifle & Pistol Club near Cincinnati shooting a 3 X 600 30 caliber-only fun match. I'll be using my Harrington & Richardson M1 in the stock service rifle class (this is a fun, not NRA approved match).

I can't wait. I've been doing some shooting and dry firing with it and I am pretty comfortable, considering 95% of my rifle shooting has been with a 14 lb NM AR-15.

I'll be happy if I can break 190 for each of the three matches. And I'm going to start saving for an M1A. For some reason I'm getting to like that 30 caliber goodness. [smile]

Shot ICORE today, Taking wife out to breakfast tomorrow then cleaning my truck and stocking it for work Monday. If all goes to plan, I will catch up on billing my customers in the afternoon while I listen to the Pats.

Just another working Sunday I guess.

Probably take out the AR again and go blast off some more rounds. At least
now I am getting paper with it. Today I actually had two shots touching,
somehow or another I did everything right at least twice in a row. :)

I managed to score a crate of PMC .223 for $189, so I'm still giddy about
it.

Trying to sneak in some more shooting before it gets too damned cold to
shoot.

-Mike

I will be unpacking a few boxes and sleeping on and off probably. A few more days and the cold/bronchitis thing should have run its course. After that I will have a lot more energy to put into unpackign and organizing.

Shooting at Danvers Fish & game. Bushmaster carbine , Wasr-10 , Sig p228, maybe even some steel plate "pins" w/ the .45.

Every Sunday is range day. It's never too damn cold if you wear good socks and stuff ... the good news about freezing weather is no rain days.

Constables assn annual meeting and election in Boston. Should be a rather intense meeting. Then back here to deal with a ton of paperwork that needs to get done.

Today I'll be making sure the snow thrower starts up and winterizing things around the house and yard because as the forecast calls.... some snow tomorrow. [sad2]

Hope you feel better Jamz. I usually get that about Feb/Mar every year. Once the sap starts running.[thinking] You have my sympathies.

Today I'll be making sure the snow thrower starts up and winterizing things around the house and yard because as the forecast calls.... some snow tomorrow. [sad2]

Thanks for the reminder. I spent several hours on mine a few weeks ago tuning it up. The major problem was a "leaky" spark plug wire that was shorting to ground. After I fixed that, replaced the torn primer bulb, and replaced the spark plug it started fine. I just went out and it took about six pulls to start, but nothing more.

As to tomorrow, work. Exactly what I'll be doing depends on how much management panics.

Gary

Dang ! I knew there was something else I had to do today !

But I did manage to dig out the Karhu's yesterday.

...Priorities, ya know. [smile]

Got back a little while ago from the fun match. Gun's clean, gear put away, brass in the tumbler.

Well, my goal of 190s was waaaaaay optimistic [laugh] . Best I could manage was a 169-3X. The other two matches were 153-0X and 158-2X. [rofl] for a total of 480-5X.

Now mind you, this is with a totally stock M1, just like Uncle Sugar would issue it to you. The best shooter in my class (stock service rifle) shot a 52-something with an M1903A3. I am spoiled by my National Match AR. The last 3 X 600 I shot with it resulted in a 579-13X (188-2X, 196-4X, 195-7X). That's the difference a match-prepped rifle will make. [shocked] .

It was cold. Low to mid 30s with a good breeze and overcast that made it feel in the low 20s. The beer and chili at the clubhouse after the match felt mighty good.

I think I'm going to pour myself some Bourbon to sip.......................[grin]

Back
Top Bottom