• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's in your MAN PURSE EDC?

Trust me if I weren't so heavyset, I would prefer to appendix carry or 7 o'clock IWB. My buddy can IWB a freaking Beretta 92fs and it disappears under a t-shirt. Wtf. Most comfortable gun I can carry at the moment 'on me' is a 642 in a Galco leather pocket protector.

Those murse bags on that blog are more storage satchels than quick-draw anything. The Helikon-Tex bag I use swings forward, rip tab and the main compartment holding the P30 is easily reachable, grab and go. I'm about as fast with drawing from the bag as I am lifting a shirt and unholstering from 7'o clock IWB. Yeah yeah, off body carry is retarded. But I also hate having things in pockets or squeezing up against belly fat.
Fatness to fitness thread. Some useful info there, and certainly entertaining

If I could get away without carrying my f***ing car keys I would. I don't know how people carry all this shit around with them all the time.
Most modern cars come w a push button fob instead keys. Some have phone based apps you can start your car with. If you get keypad locks at home you can pretty much get away without carrying keys. I have the car key fob, office keys & that’s it. If I could do a keypad at the office I’d carry zero keys and a fob, that’s it.

I carry one of those sling bags, but I still carry on body. I was just carrying around too much stuff and it was making pants/pockets too heavy. Now, the only things weighing down my pants are my ccw and 1 extra mag on my belt with a tiny folder knife in my front pocket. Everything else is in the bag. Keys and chapstick in the netting on the strap for easy access. Two phones in the front pocket. Main pocket area has a buck knife, my wallet, dog poop bags, small flashlight, a pen, a micro multi-tool and a tiny first aid kit. I've been using it for about 6 months and it makes life way easier. Everything always in one place, pants not being weighed down, not forgetting stuff.
10/10 would recommend.

Last edited:
The band aids and the ibuprofen get used.

Sure, but a Bandaid can go in your wallet and ibuprofen isn’t an emergency. I guess if you’re already carrying a bag everywhere why not but carrying a bag around everyday sounds like hell. The incremental pain in the ass isn’t worth having a second knife available, or a flashlight, or a trauma kit that I will never use.

Sure, but a Bandaid can go in your wallet and ibuprofen isn’t an emergency. I guess if you’re already carrying a bag everywhere why not but carrying a bag around everyday sounds like hell. The incremental pain in the ass isn’t worth having a second knife available, or a flashlight, or a trauma kit that I will never use.
For me, it’s so much less of a pain in the ass than trying to corral all my junk and load up my pockets. Two phones, a knife, my ccw, my wallet and an extra mag was just weighing down my pants too much. The first aid kit I carry is by no means a high level trauma kit. It has bandaids, tourniquet, ibuprofen some alcohol pads. Just a little plastic box that’s like 5x3x1.

I totally get that everyone has different situations, and if you have to carry 2 phones to begin with I guess there aren't many other options.

businessman-using-two-phones-simultaneously-businessman-using-two-phones-simultaneously-134011626.jpg

I carry a backpack for work.

Don't have a firearm in it as it is prohibited where I work. That said I have just about everything else I could need in the bag and oftentimes people will poke fun at me but I am always the person people come to if they need an advil or allergy meds or some other first aid. Charging chords, battery packs, flashlight etc.

I could see a sling bag being useful if your at Disney or the like and want to have some stuff on you but not carry a full bag. That said the whole "man purse" movement is definitely a thing and I see more and more of it every day.

I carry a backpack for work.

Don't have a firearm in it as it is prohibited where I work. That said I have just about everything else I could need in the bag and oftentimes people will poke fun at me but I am always the person people come to if they need an advil or allergy meds or some other first aid. Charging chords, battery packs, flashlight etc.

I could see a sling bag being useful if your at Disney or the like and want to have some stuff on you but not carry a full bag. That said the whole "man purse" movement is definitely a thing and I see more and more of it every day.
Innocent looking laptop bag for me at work. Lots of extra room and pockets.

Outside of work I’m low speed, low drag… don’t carry much.

ETA: my car is pretty well stocked for stuff.

Switching it up to the Osprey ultralight shoulder bag for gym shorts/t-shirt carry. Just the meat and potatoes - pistol, extra mag, wallet, phone, keys. Stickied some velcro fuzz to line it for the kydex to stay in position.. works pretty well.

1.jpg
2.jpg

I have a Fanny pack (fag bag) I wear when I go somewhere with the kids. Aside from the normal EDC stuff like flashlight, matches, extra ammo, etc I mainly carry stuff for the kids. Small snacks, wet wipes, first aid, sun screen, bug spray, clean sock and undies in case of a stray shart, crap like that.

Most modern cars come w a push button fob instead keys. Some have phone based apps you can start your car with. If you get keypad locks at home you can pretty much get away without carrying keys. I have the car key fob, office keys & that’s it. If I could do a keypad at the office I’d carry zero keys and a fob, that’s it.
Lexus at one time had a key that was basically just a thick credit card, not really sold domestically but you can get them and program the car to it.... and put it in a wallet compartment.

I have a Fanny pack (fag bag) I wear when I go somewhere with the kids. Aside from the normal EDC stuff like flashlight, matches, extra ammo, etc I mainly carry stuff for the kids. Small snacks, wet wipes, first aid, sun screen, bug spray, clean sock and undies in case of a stray shart, crap like that.
A smaller Fanny Pack is also good for driving. You wear it over your belly and put the seat belt below it on your lap. Much easier to rip open and draw from than a belt holster. We did that at NFGA decades ago with a SIG guest instructor, John Peterson. You grab the wheel with you left hand, rip open the fanny pack with your right, draw and shoot. Yes, you muzzle your own arm once. Big Boy rules. Presumably, someone is a threat to your life if you draw in your car. Tactically, the other option is pop your seat belt to enable a holster draw.

Back when I had a MA Non-Res LTC, I Fanny Pack carried on my MHT-BOS-MHT drive and switched to belt holster outside the car. I also have a super-small fanny pack that fits under a T-shirt. If I cinch it down, I can jog with a P365 without any flop. Kind of like those belly-band holsters that don’t work for me.

Years ago one of my closest buds in a Fed agency gave me one of their fanny packs with an internal holster that fits Sigs. Most of them were using one for off duty and LOL they all called it a 'fag bag'.

Years ago one of my closest buds in a Fed agency gave me one of their fanny packs with an internal holster that fits Sigs. Most of them were using one for off duty and LOL they all called it a 'fag bag'.
I don’t like to keep my gun in there, but they are good for carrying a full size handgun in summer clothes. I am at the age now where I no longer care what the they think of my clothing or accessories 😆

Guilty of the Oakleys and Merrill’s. Been wearing Oakley since the 80’s and even after trying many other brands, Oakley work the best for my eyes. Don’t get a headache even if I wear them all day. I have a huge head also and most shades look stupid on me.

Merrill feel like wearing slippers even right out of the box and they come in wide sizes.

Back
Top Bottom