What's in your MAN PURSE EDC?

A smaller Fanny Pack is also good for driving. You wear it over your belly and put the seat belt below it on your lap. Much easier to rip open and draw from than a belt holster. We did that at NFGA decades ago with a SIG guest instructor, John Peterson. You grab the wheel with you left hand, rip open the fanny pack with your right, draw and shoot. Yes, you muzzle your own arm once. Big Boy rules. Presumably, someone is a threat to your life if you draw in your car. Tactically, the other option is pop your seat belt to enable a holster draw.

Back when I had a MA Non-Res LTC, I Fanny Pack carried on my MHT-BOS-MHT drive and switched to belt holster outside the car. I also have a super-small fanny pack that fits under a T-shirt. If I cinch it down, I can jog with a P365 without any flop. Kind of like those belly-band holsters that don’t work for me.
Were you shooting through the windshield? LOL busting your balls but I am not getting the utility of trying to shoot while driving, other than Hollywood stunts. That said I did once have to draw a .357 on a carload of meth-head hillbillies who were having some sort of road rage problem on remote section of I-40 in Tennessee. That was to change their mind about trying to force me to stop.

I don’t like to keep my gun in there, but they are good for carrying a full size handgun in summer clothes. I am at the age now where I no longer care what the they think of my clothing or accessories 😆
If I am able to make a future NES GTG, my dress code will be Hawaiian shirt, camo cargo shorts, camo Crocs, and the fag bag with a .40 in it. [rofl] The internal holster works quite well. It has a snap strap to secure the gun, but the snap is in a position that is naturally where your thumb will reach so it's easy to instantly unsnap.

If I am able to make a future NES GTG, my dress code will be Hawaiian shirt, camo cargo shorts, camo Crocs, and the fag bag with a .40 in it. [rofl] The internal holster works quite well. It has a snap strap to secure the gun, but the snap is in a position that is naturally where your thumb will reach so it's easy to instantly unsnap.
NES gets coffee and danishes!
Count Me In Kaitlin Olson GIF by The Mick

Guilty of the Oakleys and Merrill’s. Been wearing Oakley since the 80’s and even after trying many other brands, Oakley work the best for my eyes. Don’t get a headache even if I wear them all day. I have a huge head also and most shades look stupid on me.

Merrill feel like wearing slippers even right out of the box and they come in wide sizes.
I like oakleys but not that style. I wear hiking shoes when im hiking, but my 5.11 pants are skinny jeans

Were you shooting through the windshield? LOL busting your balls but I am not getting the utility of trying to shoot while driving, other than Hollywood stunts. That said I did once have to draw a .357 on a carload of meth-head hillbillies who were having some sort of road rage problem on remote section of I-40 in Tennessee. That was to change their mind about trying to force me to stop.
The lesson learned was that if you’re driving, just stomp on the gas pedal. Nobody hit nothing - and the targets were stationary. Only when trapped in your car under threat does drawing a gun in your car make sense. Non-LEOs rarely have to exit a vehicle that could be driven away with a gun drawn. But if necessary, the necessity is to exit the vehicle ASAP. The Bullets and Vehicles class at SIG made that very clear. Shooting from within a vehicle is a last resort.

When we did a simulator scenario last week at the DEA Citizen’s Academy, a video perp pointed a gun at us through the front windshield and we shot through the windshield at the perp. My shots were 3 hits COM. Afterwards, I asked the trainer about bullet deflection and he said that usually works to the advantage of those outside the car. COM shots from within the car often deflect into the car hood or hit body armor while COM shots outside usually deflect into the neck/head. He said it was a crapshoot, so empty the gun.

I have a Fanny pack (fag bag) I wear when I go somewhere with the kids. Aside from the normal EDC stuff like flashlight, matches, extra ammo, etc I mainly carry stuff for the kids. Small snacks, wet wipes, first aid, sun screen, bug spray, clean sock and undies in case of a stray shart, crap like that.
I personally think a Fanny pack is less faggy than those sling bags, but I’m a gen Xer so maybe the young folk like the slingers and don’t see them as ghey.

Years ago one of my closest buds in a Fed agency gave me one of their fanny packs with an internal holster that fits Sigs. Most of them were using one for off duty and LOL they all called it a 'fag bag'.

If questioned they probably said "it stands for.... "Fast Action Gun" bag" 🤣

Which one? 5.11 tacticool?
5.11 Tactical Select Carry Pistol Pouch, Charcoal/Black, Style 58604 https://a.co/d/1chGkYG

What is going on with that optic? It’s millled with grooves that (sort of) line up?
Exactly that. Holosun made the SCS line to minimize height by using the mounting pattern of the standard slide. In this case, the Glock MOS, so they carried the cocking serrations into its body to make it feel more like part of the slide.
fd4560374ddf76778629847195546be0.jpg

This looks good enough on G19-width slides, but extra funny when it's inset on a G20

Exactly that. Holosun made the SCS line to minimize height by using the mounting pattern of the standard slide. In this case, the Glock MOS, so they carried the cocking serrations into its body to make it feel more like part of the slide.
fd4560374ddf76778629847195546be0.jpg

This looks good enough on G19-width slides, but extra funny when it's inset on a G20
Did you stick one on the g20? Im still debating that, but I'm also still debating if I want a g19 lol

Did you stick one on the g20? Im still debating that, but I'm also still debating if I want a g19 lol
I did, for now. Eventually, I'll probably swap it for an enclosed model and would like to put it on a slide for the 44 or 45. This is a relatively easy way to learn to shoot a dot until then.

FYI, this is on sale $19.50 shipped from Osprey. I picked one up for a trip to Quebec City with the buds mid-June. No CCW there, of course, but good to hold a wallet, passport & keys with covering loose shirt. My “defense weapon” in Canada will be a stout hickory cane - better than nothing. I ordered Thursday and it shipped Friday FEDEX Ground.

Back in the States, it might hold a KelTec P3AT, but almost anything could.

IMG_2158.jpeg

FYI, this is on sale $19.50 shipped from Osprey. I picked one up for a trip to Quebec City with the buds mid-June. No CCW there, of course, but good to hold a wallet, passport & keys with covering loose shirt. My “defense weapon” in Canada will be a stout hickory cane - better than nothing. I ordered Thursday and it shipped Friday FEDEX Ground.

Back in the States, it might hold a KelTec P3AT, but almost anything could.

View attachment 752141
I’ve been riding my bicycle with this, carrying a SIG P365 with red dot, for a month and it works just fine. I use a trigger-clip “holster”. The back and strap got slathered with fabric Sox-Grip silicone so it doesn’t slide around. It’s obviously not a quick draw option but it rides on my right hip, under my jersey. I don’t even feel the weight. I carry it trigger guard down now - the picture shows grip up.

Attachments

• PXL_20230707_143725132_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20230707_143725132_Original.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20230707_143731640_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20230707_143731640_Original.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20230707_143808247_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20230707_143808247_Original.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 22
Peanut butter tastes and smell like shit.

NAA mini is novel. I have a Mini and a Pug.

Useless but novel.

IMG_6455.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom