• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's it worth?

I have a buddie who is thinking of selling a Desert Eagle that he bought as an investment a few years back. It is MA compliant so I'm sure there is a premium in this state, but how much I don't know. It is a .357 in standard blue/black finish that comes with a .44 conversion kit and holster. Also has three factory mags. It is new in the box never fired. I haven't seen enough of these out there in the private market to give him an opinion, but have seen them on Gunbroker and at Zero Hour for $1200-1500 in like new but not unfired condition. Any thoughts on value would be appreciated. Thanks all.

$1200 starting up to $1500-1600 sounds to be the range to me.

Obviously you can easly get the $1200 being unfired but I don't think you will get more then $1600.

All that being said I am no expert and only speaking of my own experience of pricing them.

I've seen them at $1500. How does he plan on selling it? If it's an auction, he may not get that much. If it's in MA, he just might.

I agree with Dirtypacman.

I don't know what they cost originally, but that sounds like the going
MA rate. I've seen them for $1200-1500 The fact that it is "unfired"
probably will not effect the value all that much, being that anyone who
is going to buy it is going to shoot it anyways, unless the buyer is just a
gun hoarder.

-Mike

DEs are a novelty and that is why you don't see many of them around. Most people buy lighter, more practical guns that can be carried without having to attach ballast to their opposite side.

75 views and no one has a single thought?
Desert Eagles are niche gun. The vast majority of gunnies have no use for them. So it doesn't surprise me that 75 people viewed it out of curiosity, but had no input.

I understand the limited collectability of them hence my not wanting to buy it. I just was wondering what everyone thought the value of it was so I could pass the info on to my non internet friend. Thanks for the toughts.

The .44 AutoMag is a very different animal than the Desert Eagle.

trial_by_fire_L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom