What's it worth?

appraiser

NES Member
Is there a reliable online resource for finding out the value of a handgun?

I have a .380 I no longer need and am trying to find a way to figure out what is a fair price

suggestions?

I usually use comparable listings on gunbroker.com as I am too cheap to spend the 25 bucks on the blue book.

It depends. Blue book is the standard for ease and fairness if you have nothing else to go by. It does not however accurately represent the market at a given time/place. Prices in MA are inflated for rare items and really nice pieces that are not on the list. Gunbroker has the potential to draw higher prices on that stuff as well because you got a nationwide audience and you have collectors with plenty of cash to bid the highest prices, virtually wiping out your average prices. So it really depends on the gun. I'd say if it's nothing special or out of the ordinary just have a look at the book and see what folks around here will offer you.

Glockaholic,

I have the latest (29th) edition of the Blue Book in front of me right now. If you want to post what the gun is within the next 1/2 hour (before I go to bed), I'll post back the values listed in the book for the various percentage grades of whatever gun it is you have.

As others have said, the book isn't really the last word, but it's a good starting point. Also, you probably want to be pretty confident in your ability to judge the gun's percent condition accurately.

Anyway, let me know.

It depends. Blue book is the standard for ease and fairness if you have nothing else to go by. It does not however accurately represent the market at a given time/place. Prices in MA are inflated for rare items and really nice pieces that are not on the list. Gunbroker has the potential to draw higher prices on that stuff as well because you got a nationwide audience and you have collectors with plenty of cash to bid the highest prices, virtually wiping out your average prices. So it really depends on the gun. I'd say if it's nothing special or out of the ordinary just have a look at the book and see what folks around here will offer you.

mass looks to be inflated for just about everything. What I see for prices for used handguns in mass is @$100+ more than I would pay for new here in NH.

Last edited:
Taurus millennium pt 138 (not a millennium pro) the 10 round model, composite frame, stainless slide, it is in average condition IMHO, 2 ten round clips

If it is worth something I might sell it otherwise it sits in the safe for a rainy day. I have a model 60 S&W that imho serves the same purpose in my world so it is a duplication of purpose.

just trying to get an idea of what the NH market value is.

Yes, found it immediately. Listed values for the Taurus PT-138 Millenium Stainless are as follows:

100% $360
98% $290
95% $235
90% $190
80% $155
70% $135
60% $120

Hope this helps.

Jeeze louise, I've got to get to bed. It's appalling how easy it is to fritter away time online.

Back
Top Bottom