What's next?

Since becoming interested in firearms in early May, I've taken a number of steps. Seeing as this will be my 100th post on the forum, I thought it was a good time to evaluate what I've done so far. Please take a look and let me know if I'm missing anything.

• Took the safety class, completed the application, and obtained the three letters of recommendation my town requires for a firearms license (red town, will probably get a restricted class A from what I've read).
  • Contacted my local PD to schedule a time to come in for the licensing interview. (Waiting for a response)
  • Found the Northeastshooters forum and went green a couple of weeks ago.
  • Joined GOAL.
  • Joined the NRA.

Besides trying to stay involved and contacting my reps when the state tries to further restrict gun rights, can anyone think of anything else?

Also, thank you to everyone on this forum. I've received some good advice (which is how I found the forum in the first place), had some laughs (earlier today I came across the thread about using the bathroom while carrying), and, at the very least, read posts that made me consider my own thoughts and beliefs regarding guns and government. I look forward to staying involved here and hopefully participating in some of the NES outings in the future.

Heh... Next step is an either/or...

Either move to a green town where you you don't have to say, 'Good morning, Comrad.'

Or move to a state where the 2A is not shat upon.

Great points, both of you (Sleepytime and GeorgeD).
The moving to a green city will probably be happening next year (free state's not really an option).
I was looking into clubs but, if it takes about 2-3 months for me to get the license, it makes sense to wait on joining. Many clubs lower their costs as the year goes on.

Join a club so when you get your license and purchase a firearm, you have a legal place to shoot it.

What he said.

Choose your club carefully (or join more than one). Just because it's a "gun" club, doesn't mean they're friendly towards shooters.

Back
Top Bottom