• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's the deal with cops shooting dogs?

My sincerest apologies if this affects anyone specifically as I know my reaction to something like this would probably land me in jail or the morgue but...

I keep seeing comments and references to cops entering a house and shooting dogs.. I would search the forum but it's mentioned so often I can't find anything specific.. [grin]

Can someone throw a noob a bone and 'splain it to me?

-Chris

Nationally, there have been several SWAT raids in which dogs were killed. Not all the dogs were of the large and threatening kind. When people mention it, it's mostly as an example of how the use of SWAT is out of control, and how cops don't get punished for mistakes that would put ordinary citizens in jail.

In all seriousness, shoot my dog you had better have shot me first.

This..

My father dropped his dog off at the vet once and later received a call that the vet had put the dog down because it had gotten out of control (can't remember if it actually bit someone).

My stepmother had to high speed chase him all the way into town as he had grabbed a shotgun and was out for some justice. She managed to stop him but, just barely.

Honestly, my dog, to me, ranks right behind my children and, she ranks the whole family ahead of herself so, I could see her putting herself between the kids and anyone that came in the house uninvited that's why this concerns me..

No reason for SWAT to be in my house but, for some reason that's not much comfort. [grin]

-Chris

A co worker was the lucky reciepant of 60 stitches and 3 day stay in the hosptail because a 45 Lb Mutt decided to bit the shit out of his forearm. Personally I would have extended, touched and pressed as soon as the dog broke skin. I love dogs and own one myself but anybody who thinks a dog can not cause sserious bodily injury is not informed. Most dogs are also not effected by O.C. spray since they lack tear ducts. For me it would be easier to shoot some people than a dog. YMMV

i always shoot dogs upon entering a home because i have to establish my dominance.

[rolleyes] seriously? you guys read a bunch of MSM News Stories, who are always known for their accurate reporting and take it as the truth?

[laugh]

is NES pro - crucifying police w/o being there based on the MSM?

That being said after shooting a dog I would probably feel awful for months. I feel horrible when I have to put down injured deers etc.

That is totally unnecesary. All you have to do is piss on the wall when you enter the house to mark your territory.

An officer will get into far more trouble for pissing on a wall that shooting a dog - that's why :)

A co worker was the lucky reciepant of 60 stitches and 3 day stay in the hosptail because a 45 Lb Mutt decided to bit the shit out of his forearm. Personally I would have extended, touched and pressed as soon as the dog broke skin. I love dogs and own one myself but anybody who thinks a dog can not cause sserious bodily injury is not informed. Most dogs are also not effected by O.C. spray since they lack tear ducts. For me it would be easier to shoot some people than a dog. YMMV

You underestimate how quick dog attacks are. I had a Timberwolf lay into me on Nantucket, it was all over before I even fully realized what happened. I was already back in my house and had already grabbed a pistol before I even realized the little bastard had taken a good size chunk out of my thigh. I thought only my hand was torn up. Happens REAL fast. I'll tell you what, I'd have had an easier time convincing the ER receptionist that I'd been punched in the mouth by Jesus Christ than I'd been bit by a Timberwolf. One of the nurses who lives in the same neighborhood and was familiar with the animal finally came out and explained to the receptionist that there was, in fact, a supposedly domesticated (bullshit, by the way) Timberwolf in the neighborhood. I must not have been my normal very polite self, because they scrubbed and irrigated the bejeesus out of my hand and leg before finally giving me one little Vicodin. (Not that the pain was that bad, but a little somethin' to put me in a better mood about it would have been nice)

Bastard ruined my favorite pair of Carhartts. Still pissed about that. I should send Carhartt photos to refute their "wolf attack" ad, where the guy finds the tooth in his jacket.

Back
Top Bottom