What's your favorite "Go To" firearm for fun at the range?

G23. My father bought/owned it. When he got too old to shoot, he gave it to me. 20 years later, every time I go to the range, I enjoy the memories and the gun. I used to EDC it, but now it's primarily the range toy.
I also bring M9A1 but don't shoot it as much.

I personally prefer my pistols, but consensus from literally everyone I've brought to the range in the last two years has been the VR80 shotgun.

CZ527 in x39 and banging steel at 100 yards. Just a super little rifle. Also the Marlin XT-22 for fun at 50 yards for new shooters and kids.

Lots of friends & families love to shoot my Les Baer 1911 with the Marvell Precision 22lr conversion on it.

Shooting the Drako is always fun, unless you get a bit too relaxed and end up bleeding from the bridge of your nose.
akpistol.JPEG

Id say for handguns probably my Ruger MKIV. It's easy to shoot and great for introducing new people to shooting.

For big boy pistols probably my 1911. Much softer shooting then any center fire pistol.

For rifle probably my Ruger 10/22. Same as my MK IV.

For big boy rifles I really don't know. I would say my AR-15 is probably my least favorite. It is easy to shoot and accurate but I just don't like how loud it is. I might change my mind after I try it out with my new ear plugs.

For shotguns probably my Mossberg 590A1. I have a nice Benelli M4 which is a sweet gun but I feel like I run the Mossberg better.

All of this is subject to change as I add more to the collection.

Right now it's an AR9 with an 8" barrel and a brace.
A friend let me shoot his 9mm 1911 and I really liked it. Can't remember what make.

IMG-3248.jpg

I love shooting this: RUGER MKIV 22/45 LITE.
It does have a lot of Volquartsen and Tandemkross parts.
The trigger is great and it's accurate as hell.
I absolutely shoot this the most! It's cheap to shoot...
I also own a RUGER MKIV Competition, which I love. With the added weight I prefer to shoot the MKIV 22/45 LITE
I have other firearms that I love to shoot; but shoot them far less often due to the cost of their ammo.

Last edited:
Please tell me you have a holster for the Rough Rider. I’ve wanted to get one and pull the obnoxiously long barrel out of my pants like the Joker.
lol...no...but I have stuck it in my waistband a few times to amaze and delight my friends.

Model 41 with prairie dog targets, even though I wouldn’t shoot one in real life.

View attachment 750944

I love shooting this: RUGER MKIV 22/45 LITE.
It does have a lot of Volquartsen and Tandemkross parts.
The trigger is great and it's accurate as hell.
I absolutely shoot this the most! It's cheap to shoot...
I also own a RUGER MKIV Competition, which I love. With the added weight I prefer to shoot the MKIV 22/45 LITE
I have other firearms that I love to shoot; but shoot them far less often due to the cost of their ammo.
What a coincidence - we put the exact same dot, and trigger, on our MK IV's.

Last edited:
yesterday I took my model 52 smith, model 625 45 cal and spent some time with my Citation Trophy 22, tomorrow is 1911 day all three going to get dirty.

Back
Top Bottom