• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your firearm tools setup like? Home and mobile

nightpoison

NES Member
I'm currently looking for a new toolset for range trips. It doesn't happen often, but I've needed to bust out my tools for random issues I've had or other individuals on the line have experienced. So as I like to pack more shit in the car than I think I would need, I always bring my wheeler set with me with a small torque driver.

1655557543882.png

It's not a large case, but I would like to pair it down. I don't need all the punch pins or the vast majority of the bits. So I started to look at the Fix It Sticks sets. At home, I have regular mechanic and shop tools I'll use when I need to. Granted punch pins and soft blow hammer is the go too tools I use for breaking down firearms. So I don't need a large collection of tools.

1655557715398.png
This set from Fix It seems perfect. I can grab the bits that I want/need, torque bits, and will fit right in my range bag.

I also looked into Borka tools, but he isn't currently shipping any tools. It's sad to say, but it appears that his wife has passed.

Of course, I could always throw together a series of small tools in a bag and be done with it, but I would rather have something a bit more organized. I really like the idea of preset torque limiters that Fix It Sticks offers.

Wheeler apparently is coming out with their own set of preset torque limiters.

So what do you use? What does your home setup look like? post some pictures. What do you take to the range with you? post links.

My mobile tool set? I bring these and it fixes just about anything. And they are compact. Occasionally I bring a specialty tool like a long Allen wrench if I know I’ll be needing it.

Fix It Stix All-in-one

b-03_2000x_f25f18f6-ed10-4ab1-aecd-986677bf86db.jpg

Multitasker multi tool. Sadly, I don’t think they make these anymore.
26757A61-DBB3-4529-9433-7DC2AC1B4E8A.jpeg

Last edited:
honestly, i ended up buying the vortex torque driver, as I needed an inch/lb driver, and I think I'll put together some other loose tools. I really like the idea of the fix it sticks, but wow are they a lot of loot. really couldn't justify it.

This:

and a vintage Craftsman / Bear multi-tool from the late 90's

Last edited:
Tool sets marketed for gun stuff are overpriced and low quality. In my experience.

Start with A good quality set of standard and metric hex keys, and torx, ( wether they are L shaped or in a bit / driver form is up to you) along with Phillips and flat. Add to that needle nose pliers and brass punches. That should cover any repairs or maintenance, a rock as stated above makes a great improvised hammer.

I have a rolling tool box in the bed with everything including an 80 gallon air compressor and air tools.

Included on the trailer is a mower cause my range doesn't like to mow the grass, and a second trailer has a chicken coupe

I could build a kit car with all the stuff I bring for a 50 round range trip

Back
Top Bottom