• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When did every Walther become a PPK?

I am seeing guns like what I believe to be a P22 and a PK380 being advertised for sale as PPKs. Are these just errors, or are those guns really PPKs? [thinking]

They are not PPKs and they are also not "Walters" ;)

I've seen more than one person refer to all Walthers as PPKs. I don't get it either.

Probably just advertised by a moron. Where did you see it? (edit: didnt see the replies, but link doesnt work for me)

Last edited:
He is not a moron. Flotter is probably the largest collectors of firearms in the northeast. Walther made so many ppk versions over the years a lot of people just trip on it and write ppk when really its a p22 or pk380. Obviously you can see by the pictures that they are not ppk's. Just a common slip up.

Rather than calling him out as a moron, a pm to him would have been more appropriate pointing out his error.

He is not a moron. Flotter is probably the largest collectors of firearms in the northeast. Walther made so many ppk versions over the years a lot of people just trip on it and write ppk when really its a p22 or pk380. Obviously you can see by the pictures that they are not ppk's. Just a common slip up.

Rather than calling him out as a moron, a pm to him would have been more appropriate pointing out his error.

I don't think anyone was calling him a moron. The OP asked a question politely. I made a joke about the typo, but it certainly wasn't an insult or in any way meant to be a statement saying he's a moron.

ETA...oops, I guess someone did make a "moron" comment. :)

I don't think anyone was calling him a moron. The OP asked a question politely. I made a joke about the typo, but it certainly wasn't an insult or in any way meant to be a statement saying he's a moron.

ETA...oops, I guess someone did make a "moron" comment. :)

I said probably was a moron. No need for him to get his panties in a twist though, I stand corrected but dont understand why one wouldnt take the extra time to make sure your advertisement is mistake free.

I said probably was a moron. No need for him to get his panties in a twist though, I stand corrected but dont understand why one wouldnt take the extra time to make sure your advertisement is mistake free.

Because the user you disparaged has had more firearms in his collection than you've currently got in ammo. Its ok if he doesn't scribe the serial number, factory and other information on the occasion. He's top notch all around.

Blame James Bond.
47134ff66a_bondwithgun.jpg

Because the user you disparaged has had more firearms in his collection than you've currently got in ammo. Its ok if he doesn't scribe the serial number, factory and other information on the occasion. He's top notch all around.

Well, that and I'm sure that he's never ever made a mistake in his life, Don. [rolleyes]

The fact is that Fred did post it wrong.

Seriously, everyone's very quick to defend when it's a favored forum member. If it had been some new green member or some non-green member, no one would have done so.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Emoto, that's Fred's way of making sure you know what you're doing before he does business with you.

It was a test.

You failed.

Don't care if he's Charlton Heston reincarnated, it's a trivial task to verify ads are correct!

There were multiple ads by different people. That's what made me wonder and ask instead of thinking it was just a random mistake.

Back
Top Bottom