• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When did MA change the LTC from 18 to 21?

chris_1001

NES Member
Got mine at 18. And my FID at 15

But I was trying to find when and under what act did they change it to 21?

Thanks in advance.

I had 1996 in my head. But I think you are prob right (98).

But yeah, hoping to get it and the act confirmed.

I got my LTC in 1988 I think, I was 21 an recall I had to wait until then to get it. So I think it was 21 before 1985 when I was 18. I had my FID already, got it when I was 15.

I think it was 98.

Back when I was in NY one of our club member's sons got his NY pistol permit at age 14.

I know I did it in Milford MA and have my ltc from that period still someplace at home (and my never to expire unless revoked or suspended FID). So I know as off ~1986-88 you could.

You still could not buy a handgun from a (FFL) dealer. But you could private party at that time.

Got mine in "74" when it was called a "pistol permit". Was issued for "personal protection". I could carry concealed, but i couldnt buy the ammo. My father had to get it for me...........

“The 9mm is for my carbine. Not a handgun”

My first ltc was restricted, then I got a job working for an armored car company and got it lifted.

I got my first LTC in Seekonk back in 1997. I was 20 years old. He told me I could carry but I cant buy from a FFL dealer as you had to be 21. So i bought person to person using a blue card I believe to transfer it?

Just recently returned to Mass and just applied 2 weeks ago for my LTC again.

Back
Top Bottom