when did S&W change the followers in the M&P mags?

GunGrey

Banned
I got some brand new 10rds mags and the followers are much different. The area where the follower meets the slide stop is much lower on the new mags than my older ones.

they dont lock back and also if they do with an empty mag it's just barely touching
MP40followers3.jpg

What one of those is the new one? I do not recognize the bottom one.

Are they both from factory S&W mags, or aftermarket?

There was a change in the follower where they made the legs longer, sometimes making it very difficult to fit 10 rounds in the mag, and even harder to completely insert the loaded mag into the gun with a closed slide.

My M&P9C is almost impossible to get 10 in it. When you do you can not get the darn thing in with the slide closed, unless you really hammer it in. I am really disgusted that it is bad enough we only get 10 rounds in the Commiwealth of Mass, and I only put 9 in to be sure the damn thing will function. Rant done, carry on

It has been many years. Here is a video that a fellow NESer made on how to modify them.

Edit: Dammit Noxin. Beat my by 1 minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
What one of those is the new one? I do not recognize the bottom one.

Are they both from factory S&W mags, or aftermarket?

There was a change in the follower where they made the legs longer, sometimes making it very difficult to fit 10 rounds in the mag, and even harder to completely insert the loaded mag into the gun with a closed slide.

the one in all my mags i have had since i bought the gun are the top follower in the picture.

the bottom follower is in the new mags

Back
Top Bottom