When I have this many guns I'll be all set.

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
This is a picture posted today on the Smith & Wesson forum from one of the regular posters.

He was asked if he owned any Model 29, .44 Magnums.

He said he had a few, and posted this picture, which ONLY contains Model 29"s. btw, just the original "Coke" grips on Model 29 can run up to a thousand dollars on the auctions.

standard.jpg

Nahh you wont be set, just think thats just one model! For me I cant even settle on a manufacture let alone collect one model.

Right now I got MSS and CRitis

I can't say I understand people who collect a bunch of one model of gun, but it's a (somewhat) free country. If you've got the cash, knock yourself out. Myself, I want to get one of each before I start getting multiples. I think that'll take a while.

From the looks of it... he may already have one of everything else [wink] It'd be a safe bet, anyway [smile]

I'll bet he can tell them apart. A Mod 29 collector can tell a lot of them apart just from that picture. Size of grips, carving, hammer style, length of barrel, length of underbarrel lug, shape of front sights. Tons of differences. He cares enough to have MOST of the models produced.

BTW, his is NOT the largest collection of 29's for members of the Smith & Wesson Collectors Association, not even in the top ten.

(btw, I count 52 guns in that picture, and that is only one side of his closet.)

Last edited:
I was just thinking, who would advertise a collection like this online? Not that all those .44's aren't a pretty good robbery deterrent... but still. I suppose those are probably locked up like fort knox?

Everything is relative. Rays collection of battle rifles is pretty cool to me. I own one SKS and one Mosin. On the other hand, when it comes to revolvers, I might have one or two more than some folks.

Guys who show pictures of their collections obviously aren't worried about theft. You should see some of the walk in vaults some of these collectors have. One friend of mine has an indoor vault bigger than my whole house, and has an indoor 100 foot range to boot.

I'm just happy with what I have, but I like to see what other guys have. Some people have made a fortune in their lives, and choose to spend some of it on collecting guns. Heck I know guys who only collect guns with certian serial numbers.

Anyway, there isn't any reason not to have a multitude of guns, so why not. It's better than leaving all your money at the bar. I'd have more myself, but I'm too lazy to clean and oil them all.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom