• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When To Draw If Encountered With "Everbody Put Your Hands Up This Is A Robbery" situation?

I was involved in a situation when I was right out of college, in this case the guy WAS beating on his girlfriend. It was outside at a New Year’s Eve house party. I grab the guy’s shoulder from behind, he spins around and cold cocks me in the nose (my bad for how I approached it). I went off on him, pounding him, next thing I know I’m on the ground w a few of his friends kicking me. My friends come out and there’s a general melee. Once everyone is separated the girlfriend says they were having an argument but he didn’t hit her so I look like a real a**h*** until we go inside and everyone can see her black eye and huge welt on her face. Definitely will think twice about inserting myself in that type of situation again.
You also dont know who started it and why.

For example, was the guy punching her because she pulled a knife on him and you didnt see that part?

These situations are tricky, you never know who is the bad guy.

Last edited:
"Like" most people "here" I would only "draw" if I felt like my "life" or my "loved" one's lives "were" in "imminent" "danger". If "some" "crackhead" is just "robbing" the "store" or bank "or" whatever, I'm not "getting" involved.
"I" "cant" "read" "this". "Too" "many" "quotes"

You also dont know who started it and why.

For example, was the guy punching her because she pulled a knife on him and you didnt see that part?

These situations are tricky, you never know who is the bad guy.

This one was pretty cut & dry but I hear what you’re saying

... when the robber puts his gun down to perform the Heimlich maneuver on me that is when I pounce.
977713-center-1

"I" "cant" "read" "this". "Too" "many" "quotes"
The greatest emotion is fear,
and the greatest fear is fear of scare quotes.
- H.P. Lovecraft​

I might have made that up.

Hypothetical questions are always to complicated to give a simple answer to. To many variables are always left out.
1. Protect self and family first and try to get out! The liberal sheep had a chance to get an LTC and carry a gun just as much as you did. You are under no obligation to be their hero.
2. If presented with the same situation as the off duty CO was in Bertucci's in Taunton, I would have wasted the guy too. To bad the CO couldn't waste the nut before he plunged a steak knife into the poor customers head / temple in front of his wife.

Way off topic, but every time I hear of the Bertucci's incident in Taunton, I remember that my sister (school teacher) had that guy's younger brother in class. He was in class the day after it happened, and didn't even know his brother was killed in the act of murdering people until one of the other students asked if he was related to the guy.

Way off topic, but every time I hear of the Bertucci's incident in Taunton, I remember that my sister (school teacher) had that guy's younger brother in class. He was in class the day after it happened, and didn't even know his brother was killed in the act of murdering people until one of the other students asked if he was related to the guy.

I guess that put a damper on show-and-tell.

:emoji_tiger:

Back
Top Bottom