Where to buy 7.62x25?

I just got a Polish Tokarev as my first C&R purchase a few days ago, and this thing is a beauty. I really look forward to shooting it, but so far I haven't found it nearby (central MA).
I have heard that the availability of the cheap surplus has dried up, but I'd imagine that even commercial ammo is still out there? Anyone have any possible leads on where I can pick some up?

Take a drive up to Collectable Arms in Merrimack, NH. They had PPU factory ammo last time I was there. Don't recall the price.

I just got a Polish Tokarev as my first C&R purchase a few days ago, and this thing is a beauty. I really look forward to shooting it, but so far I haven't found it nearby (central MA).
I have heard that the availability of the cheap surplus has dried up, but I'd imagine that even commercial ammo is still out there? Anyone have any possible leads on where I can pick some up?

I've got some of the surplus with the dimple-crimps, but you won't want to drive down to SE CT for it. Likely less than 100 rounds total. Some may even be 7.63 Mauser for all I know, complete with strippers.
Someday I'll have a firearm to make reloading 7.62x25mm worth while. I've got some sabot loads, plastic bullets and conventional jacketed reloads to blow off when I obtain a CZ52 or other Tokarev.
Good luck.

I've got some of the surplus with the dimple-crimps, but you won't want to drive down to SE CT for it. Likely less than 100 rounds total. Some may even be 7.63 Mauser for all I know, complete with strippers.
Someday I'll have a firearm to make reloading 7.62x25mm worth while. I've got some sabot loads, plastic bullets and conventional jacketed reloads to blow off when I obtain a CZ52 or other Tokarev.
Good luck.

Ive been reloading x25 using Hornady (.308) 86 gr JSP's and 90 gr XTPs (.309") with ~7-7.5 gr of Power Pistol. Very accurate and matches factory ammo with the velocity/recoil. It was tricky to get right at first. I had to play around with different dies to get the case expanded properly.

The surplus stuff is out there although new non corrosive stuff can be found cheaper these days.
Try where you got your pistol?
Last trip to four seasons I snagged 500 rounds of wolf gold.....2009

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and PMs so far guys. I will have to call around these shops and see what my best option is. So far all of these are quite the drive.

The surplus stuff is out there although new non corrosive stuff can be found cheaper these days.
Try where you got your pistol?
Last trip to four seasons I snagged 500 rounds of wolf gold.....2009

Unfortunately I got it from an online sale so getting ammo from where I purchased the Pistol is a no-go [crying].
I am headed down to the four seasons area in a couple weeks so they might be an option. I did not see any my last trip there, but that was around a year ago.

if you're headed to Four Seasons area, check Collectors in Stoneham and Glenn's in North Reading. Glenn usually has some I believe and I've found it at Collectors before too.

Thanks for the info and PMs so far guys. I will have to call around these shops and see what my best option is. So far all of these are quite the drive.

Unfortunately I got it from an online sale so getting ammo from where I purchased the Pistol is a no-go [crying].
I am headed down to the four seasons area in a couple weeks so they might be an option. I did not see any my last trip there, but that was around a year ago.

try looking behind the counter in the corner under the wall of glocks they keep odd lots of ammo there or they used to.

Ive been reloading x25 using Hornady (.308) 86 gr JSP's and 90 gr XTPs (.309") with ~7-7.5 gr of Power Pistol. Very accurate and matches factory ammo with the velocity/recoil. It was tricky to get right at first. I had to play around with different dies to get the case expanded properly.

Good deal. I know I have some of the 86 grainers in my stash; just waiting for the day I have something to shoot them with. Try the sabots for some hi-speed fun. A 22 Hornet type bullet might be a better profile in the x25mm. There's some data over on Makarov.com, I believe

LOL, are you following me? I probably got my Polish Tok within a couple of days of you (also my 1st C&R purchase!). My plan was to check Four Seasons and Collectors today at lunch for commercial ammo, I'll let you know. Online sales put it at about $16.50-$17 (plus shipping) for a 50rnd box (commercial), so that's my price benchmark for a couple of boxes to test fire it.

Off topic, did your Tok end up having a lanyard ring? Mine was broken off sometime between 1952 and when I got it.

LOL, are you following me? I probably got my Polish Tok within a couple of days of you (also my 1st C&R purchase!). My plan was to check Four Seasons and Collectors today at lunch for commercial ammo, I'll let you know. Online sales put it at about $16.50-$17 (plus shipping) for a 50rnd box (commercial), so that's my price benchmark for a couple of boxes to test fire it.

I would be in total shock if local shops in MA had commercial x25 ammo at those prices (but I could be wrong!). When I first bought my tokarev I bought ammo online and from Collectable Arms in Merrimack NH. If I recall, Collectable Arms was only $1-$2 more than buying online and paying for shipping. So I would call FS, Glenn's, and Collectors first to see if they even have any, and if they do, what's the price. If their $3-$5 more per box than online, I'd just order it online. Just my $0.02.

Damn... I bought a bunch of the corrosive milsurp a few years ago for 11.5 cents per round. Who knew how fast it would dry up. Damn...

And, no, I'm not likely to sell any... I love my CZ52's, Tokarev's and such. They are such hand cannons and fun to shoot!

Off topic, did your Tok end up having a lanyard ring? Mine was broken off sometime between 1952 and when I got it.

Small world! I got my C&R in January and the Polish Toks are just such a beautiful pistols I couldn't resist ordering one. It is really a pain in the a** not being able to order ammo online if you are into C&R/Milsurp stuff. The commercial ammo is pretty reasonable priced, but it seems that in state all I can get are $400 spam cans when I am only looking for a couple of boxes to test fire.

And no to my disappointment it did not have a lanyard ring :(.

Here are some pics of the pistol you/anyone are interested:
1952 Polish Tokarev

Four Seasons didn't have it. Glenn's in North Reading had it for $22/box for PPU brand. Didn't want to buy at that price, but i didn't have anymore time to look around at Collectors in Stoneham. I picked up two boxes at that price to test fire. If all's well, then I'll buy online in bulk.

ETA: Nice pics! At least you got a lanyard ring on one mag.

Last edited:
Four Seasons didn't have it. Glenn's in North Reading had it for $22/box for PPU brand. Didn't want to buy at that price, but i didn't have anymore time to look around at Collectors in Stoneham. I picked up two boxes at that price to test fire. If all's well, then I'll buy online in bulk.

ETA: Nice pics! At least you got a lanyard ring on one mag.

So far my only options have been a fair bit of a drive for me, but I am headed up to Hampton beach next weekend so I will definitely have to stop by there since its along the way. $22 a box isn't a steal by no means, but at least it's something. I was a bit bummed that it didn't have the ring, but like you said at least there is one on the mag and it is in decent shape. Looks to have nice bore too!

So far my only options have been a fair bit of a drive for me, but I am headed up to Hampton beach next weekend so I will definitely have to stop by there since its along the way. $22 a box isn't a steal by no means, but at least it's something. I was a bit bummed that it didn't have the ring, but like you said at least there is one on the mag and it is in decent shape. Looks to have nice bore too!

Not a bargain but what you should expect in mass at a small shop. Last case of ppu x25 I bought was 380$/1000 shipped.

I'm about to post my tok and ammo in the for sale forum. If interested I have over 1,000 rounds of surplus and over 500 rounds of commercial, some of it boxer primed.

Back
Top Bottom