Where to find non-refurb Mosins in NH?

I've been in the market for a non-refurbished Mosin-Nagant 91/30 for a while now, and I recently found one on Armslist, but I missed out on it. Does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with, or know where I could find one? I'm looking for a Spanish Civil War veteran rifle. Thanks!

They had a couple Mosins on the rack at Shooters, not sure if they were exactly what OP was looking for or not. They definitely were not returns. I was there yesterday. Hopefully you found what you were after.

They had a couple Mosins on the rack at Shooters, not sure if they were exactly what OP was looking for or not. They definitely were not returns. I was there yesterday. Hopefully you found what you were after.
I unfortunately didn't make it this weekend, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get to shooters next weekend.

Thanks, I never knew that.

What category does a Finnish M39 fall under? "Refurb" by the Finns?

I must admit, I don't know that much about Finnish Mosins, but as far as I know, Russian guns that were refurbished are the only ones that really count as refurbs in the typical sense.

I can say there was a least one mosin that definitely looked "non-refurbished." It wasn't rusty or anything but the wood was very dark like something that has been put to work. It wasn't sanded or re-stained or anything for sure. Not sure what year as the rifles were locked down with how crowded it was, so I couldn't handle it. I don't recall ever seeing a mosin that looked like that, which is why I definitely remember seeing it.

They had a Nepalese Gahendra arsenal Martini Henri on the rack too, if that's up someone's alley. I know shooting an antique rifle is an "at your own risk" thing, but I heard it's not typically recommended to try to shoot Gahendras. It was a real nice example to add to an existing collection though.

Pretty sure the M39s were mostly re-stocked, or at least the stocks were shortened/ modified because they were re-barreled too. The font site is different as well. Because of the finger splices in the wood, they were refinished or sanded. May not be true for every one as I am not an expert. Only going by the bit of learning I've done as I own an m39. It's a fun rifle to shoot and it prefers heavier weight bullets as opposed to the surplus light ball 54r.

Pretty sure the M39s were mostly re-stocked, or at least the stocks were shortened/ modified because they were re-barreled too. The font site is different as well. Because of the finger splices in the wood, they were refinished or sanded. May not be true for every one as I am not an expert. Only going by the bit of learning I've done as I own an m39. It's a fun rifle to shoot and it prefers heavier weight bullets as opposed to the surplus light ball 54r.
The Finns replaced and/or modified nearly every major part of the Mosins except the receiver and bolt. The bolts were fit to each gun individually, the trigger was converted to 2 stage, they even dimpled the magazine to prevent rim lock. The actions were also shimmed to fit the stocks more precisely at the recoil bolt. If you take it apart, don't lose the shims.

The Finns replaced and/or modified nearly every major part of the Mosins except the receiver and bolt. The bolts were fit to each gun individually, the trigger was converted to 2 stage, they even dimpled the magazine to prevent rim lock. The actions were also shimmed to fit the stocks more precisely at the recoil bolt. If you take it apart, don't lose the shims.

Do you recall what parts are serialed and should match? I have a civil guard but it's not matched numbers.

Do you recall what parts are serialed and should match? I have a civil guard but it's not matched numbers.
I'd have to pull out my Sako and look. I think the only serialized parts are the receiver, bolt and barrel. The bolt is either forced match or mismatch as the Finns mix and matched for headspace or so I was told.

Back
Top Bottom