where to find rail mount for optic & thumb rest

chrismshanks

NES Member
hello,

I'm looking for a pistol rail mounted optic that also includes a thumb rest - looking to avoid the slide mounting options

picture for reference - where do I find this

1635182731616.png

@chrismshanks

I saw the mount you're looking for at a match yesterday. It's made by Carver Custom out of Jacksonville, Florida. Their website is a bear to navigate, you might be better off calling them.

View attachment 540435
looks like this one. an interesting design, but, i fail to understand how it can hold zero to be at least 1" good at 25yds with getting locked on a soft plastic of glock or sig frame.
should probably work OK on a full metal frame of beretta, though.

looks like this one. an interesting design, but, i fail to understand how it can hold zero to be at least 1" good at 25yds with getting locked on a soft plastic of glock or sig frame.
should probably work OK on a full metal frame of beretta, though.
That mount is fixed to the locking block as well as the frame rail. I wouldn't consider a Glock frame to be "soft" plastic, but I know what you mean. The issue is how its made out of several parts screwed together. The Carver mount does what it claims but will require lots of thread locker and keeping the screws torqued

That mount is fixed to the locking block as well as the frame rail. I wouldn't consider a Glock frame to be "soft" plastic, but I know what you mean. The issue is how its made out of several parts screwed together. The Carver mount does what it claims but will require lots of thread locker and keeping the screws torqued
dunno, may be. i tried playing with laser mounted on the glocks rail and it was shifting a ton during shooting. the additional clamp into the locking block pin will help, but, dunno.
that mount will not be allowed in the optics carry class, right?

dunno, may be. i tried playing with laser mounted on the glocks rail and it was shifting a ton during shooting. the additional clamp into the locking block pin will help, but, dunno.
that mount will not be allowed in the optics carry class, right?

Carry Optic has to have optic mounted to slide.

It would be okay in Open.

Back
Top Bottom