Where to get my S&W MP Shield 9MM Trigger Pull modified

Another vote for Apex. Most shops will do the install. Sometimes you can get it put in right after you buy the gun. It adds more value to the gun and is reversable. Since the sear is designed for it instread of hacked up it'll be stronger and more reliable. You can do the install yourself, but gunsmiths don't charge alot for such an easy job so it's not much more to have it done. It's the law in mass that the trigger pull has to be 10lbs. In other states it's more like 6lbs. If trigger weight is your only concern $20 in springs will fix that. No need to remove the rear sight to toss in a lighter return spring and sear spring. The skills required are being able to hit things with a hammer. If you have trouble hanging picture frames it's best left to a professional.

I recommend Dave santurri in North Attleboro also. Did mine and it's fantastic. Also did one for a friend on my recommendation. Haven't tried an apex kit but I know this is now a crisp 4-5 pounds measured. What a difference.

Dave has done 2 trigger jobs for me. I willalso be having him change out my sights today.

I looked into this and I believe I could do the APEX Trigger kit installation myself but does it guarantee to lower the pull weight and by how much? I would like to get it in the 6-7lbs range.

Do you have a rough estimate of how much it would cost to lower it to 6-7lbs vs the current >10lbs?

Tom check out my post here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/195984-APEX-Kits-what-I-have-found

I like it where it is, but I want to get it a little better, I have just bought a Competition Spring Kit and a new APEX Trigger, I'm going to install them and than update my post...

From what you say though it sounds like you will be happy with the Duty/Carry Kit...

Good Luck

Another vote for Apex. Most shops will do the install. Sometimes you can get it put in right after you buy the gun. It adds more value to the gun and is reversable. Since the sear is designed for it instread of hacked up it'll be stronger and more reliable. You can do the install yourself, but gunsmiths don't charge alot for such an easy job so it's not much more to have it done. It's the law in mass that the trigger pull has to be 10lbs. In other states it's more like 6lbs. If trigger weight is your only concern $20 in springs will fix that. No need to remove the rear sight to toss in a lighter return spring and sear spring. The skills required are being able to hit things with a hammer. If you have trouble hanging picture frames it's best left to a professional.
To clarify, it has to be sold from a dealer with a 10 lb trigger. Not that it has to have a 10 lb trigger for ever or if it changes hands via fa10

And I installed most of an apex last night and it was easy

Order the APEX trigger kit online. When it comes in the mail install it yourself using the videos provided online by APEX.

Back
Top Bottom