• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to go in Metrowest for 9mm

Just bought my first handgun and I have never bought ammo before. Just wondering what my best bet for fmj 9mm would be. Planning on spending a lot of time at the range and want to buy 9mm in bulk. Wondering what my best bet is, Walmart, cabellas, bass pro?

Dick's has a sale on until 10/22 for Winchester White box 100 round value packs for $23.98. I know a lot of people don't like to shop Dick's because they record your license number but that's up to you if your looking for ammo.

Walmart has also had some Federal Aluminum case 9mm for under $10 a box.

Cabela's with sales, $20-off coupons and/or discounted gift cards.

Walmart otherwise.

Being able to handle the ammo without waiting for a manager makes Cabela's worth it for me. Also, avoiding Walmart at all costs is worth it even if Cabela's is more expensive.

Walmart for price, Cabelas for variety. If you watch for sales and use the Cabelas discounts and discounted gift cards they can be cheaper than Walmart.

I have the same question except i live in eastern mass. Looking to buy 9mm in bulk. I have a dicks,walmart, bass pro and four seasons all within reasonable driving distances for me

Head 30 minutes north of Four Seasons to NH. More supply, more ammo choices, good prices ando no tax.

I have the same question except i live in eastern mass. Looking to buy 9mm in bulk. I have a dicks,walmart, bass pro and four seasons all within reasonable driving distances for me

the aluminum Federal at Walmart is a good deal if you're gun doesn't choke on it .
both of my M&P's devour it so I tend to grab a few boxes here and there when it's available.
FS usually has pretty good prices on all ammo except 9 mm. their 9 mm pricing is very .....meh
I like 124 gr so I have to go elsewhere to get the bulk of my 9.
FS and Walmart rarely have 124gr in stock
and when they do it's usually for $12.00 a box :(

Mostly walmart for me, I grab all the perfecta I see. $10 for brass 9mm is a great price. After that is fed aluminum.

Other options are Dicks, Bass Pro and I know Four Seasons is having a sale on reman 9mm for $10.

BELOW COST AMMO WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE SALE
We are very over-stocked on remanufactured ammunition and need the space in our warehouse for new arrivals.​
Until it is all gone we will be selling it at one low price.​

Warning: The use of lead ammunition is not recommended in firearms that have barrels with polygonal rifling such as GLOCKS and Heckler & Koch's.
All remanufactured 9mm and .45 acp ammo is priced at $9.95 per box of 50 rds.
The remanufactured product is in light blue boxes.​

When I buy factory ammo, it is usually $10.99 per box from either Rileys or Shooters outpost in Hooksett NH. Tax free as well.

I reload so I did the math on how much I'm saving. I save about $90 per case of 9mm. The savings is more noticeable with .45acp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there for another month, I remember MFS and others selling cases of ammo around Black Friday time for reasonable prices (about $200 for 9mm)

For 9mm and 45acp, I normally use one of three: Cabelas for items on sale (when something takes me out that way), Walmart (mainly for the cheap Federal "Champion" GMJ), or www.theshootingstore.com with B&K as my local dealer. The process with the last one takes about 7 days from order to pickup.

For some reason, Walmart's prices aren't competitive with the lower-priced 38 special, 357 magnum, and 44 magnum from Cabelas and theshootingstore.com.

today I saw:
Federal 100round value box for $24.54
Winchester 100 rounds value box for $27.xx
and Tulammo i dont remember the price

Tula is $10.97, Fed aluminium is $9.97, Perfecta is $9.78 and Win 100pk is $24 & change, same for Fed brass.

There is a slight discrepancy in prices for some ww. For certain ammo, you can't beat ww prices.

I know some CT ww has Perfecta for less than $7 and Fed aluminium for $11 at times, so yes, shop different ww.

Last edited:
Perfecta - 20¢/round
Fed Alum - 20¢/round
Tula steel - 22¢/round (BPS is only 21¢/round)
Win 200pk - 24¢/round
Win 100 pk - 25¢/round
Win 50 pk - 28¢/round
Remington - 29¢/round

View attachment 180328

Yes, I keep track of Wally Hell prices... I go there too often [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom