• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where was your first Gun Show?

Mid,eighties some school near white river junction vt I was 12 I think. Dad always tried to find gun shows on camping trips. I didn't go to my 1st MA gun show until 2005.

My 18th birthday 1992, Ocala, Fl. Bought the cheapest old .22 rifle in the Pawn Shop. For my 21st birthday, I bought a Mountain Eagle .22 pistol. Don't care what happened to that rifle, but I wish I'd kept the Mountain Eagle!

Early 90's- picked up a Colt 1911, I remember walking around with it under my arm and others asking if I was selling!
Can't remember where the show was located!

I went to my one and only show in Connecticut, I think Durham. It was in 2009 while waiting for my permit. I was looking for the gun show loophole I kept hearing about. Still looking

Yuma, Arizona 1964 pre GCA 1968. I could tell you what you could get and the prices offered but you wouldn't believe me.

Lugers for 30 dollars? 1922 FN 32's for 12 dollars, no forms to fill out. Cash and carry, but no credit cards either. Webleys for 11.00 dollars, Victory Model Smiths for 16 dollars, 1903 Springfields choice for 35 dollars, Mausers from everywhere 9.99 and up.

But that was back in the FUDD days when evil white males ruled America, crime was low and shooting was primarily a recreational endeavor.

Don't get me started on ammo prices.

I was only 15 years old.

Yuma, Arizona 1964 pre GCA 1968. I could tell you what you could get and the prices offered but you wouldn't believe me.

Lugers for 30 dollars? 1922 FN 32's for 12 dollars, no forms to fill out. Cash and carry, but no credit cards either. Webleys for 11.00 dollars, Victory Model Smiths for 16 dollars, 1903 Springfields choice for 35 dollars, Mausers from everywhere 9.99 and up.

But that was back in the FUDD days when evil white males ruled America, crime was low and shooting was primarily a recreational endeavor.

Don't get me started on ammo prices.

I was only 15 years old.

I remember '03 Springfields, at an antique show, in MA no less(!) for $50-$60, In the early 70s!

I'm ashamed to admit it, but after 25 yrs as a "gun guy", I went to my first gun show last month in Nashua with my son. It was much smaller than I expected.

I picked up a nice 400 lumen, tiny, Olight flashlight that I could have found cheaper online, and a sheriff's badge for my nephew. However, I was unable to locate any "loopholes." I looked all over, but there were none to be found.

September 1986, Nashville Fair Grounds. Bought a Model 27 in presentation box. I think it was $200.
If I wasn't at that show, I would be very surprised. Are you from Tennessee? Supposedly they are stopping the shows at the fairgrounds now, but they haven't been much good in several years. The ones in Murfreesboro are really good. I've been to a couple of those during the last two years.

Mid 60's, Peoria IL. Pre-68GCA The paperwork mostly looked like pictures of dead presidents.
There were few if any licensed gun dealers at the shows in those days, mostly private sales.
I makes me feel good just to think about it, mostly.
Well, there was that time that I turned down a pretty nice Colt SAA for $75 because the grips were crappy.

Jack

If I wasn't at that show, I would be very surprised. Are you from Tennessee? Supposedly they are stopping the shows at the fairgrounds now, but they haven't been much good in several years. The ones in Murfreesboro are really good. I've been to a couple of those during the last two years.

I was a freshman at Vanderbilt, and that was my first handgun purchase.

Marlboro back in the 90's

Same here. Bought a 1911 .45 for $200. Had to have a co-worker show me how to take it down. The upper is all Remington Rand and was sold to me as such. I later learned that the frame was some no-name alloy part. I still have it as it was my first 45 and the first of many 1911's.

Back
Top Bottom