• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which 9mm carbine?

Which 9mm carbine?

• Hi-Point 995

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Kel-Tec Sub 2000

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters
Kel-Tec Sub2000 or Hi-Point 995?

I know, Ruger is preferable. Could at least simplify by using Glock mags on both if KelTec. Have a HighPoint with 3 or 4 of their mags. KelTec is I think $350.

Does Ruger also take Glock mags?

I know, Ruger is preferable. Could at least simplify by using Glock mags on both if KelTec. Have a HighPoint with 3 or 4 of their mags. KelTec is I think $350.

I'd personally go with the kel-tec. I haven't gotten one yet due to priorities but the compactness and glock mags make it for me.

I also like that its a bit unique

Ruger takes Glock mags. It's not quite as fuggly in latest form.

2.jpg

I have both they are ok for range toys
I find the hi point more comfortable to shoot the sub 2000 seems really short and hits me in the cheek. If I had to choose for truck gun Keltec folds up small takes Glock mags. Plinking steel at range HI point.
Ideally I would like to have a 9mm AR configuration or a nice Camp 9

What about a Kriss? Or an Uzi? Or even a feather (was actually a very cool reliable shooter and a lot of fun)

there are a bunch of 9mm carbines I would take before either of those

Ruger PC9 tactical hands down. Finally found one last week. Got effin delayed again. Picking it up tomorrow.

Takes glock mags. Tandem Kross upgrades are going on mine but not the gay red color shit. 😆🤣😂

Just ordered a TG9 for it. Really going to pimp this gun out so I can be a player.

Last edited:
Second vote for the CX4 storm. I picked one up last month from a fellow NESr. Things the bomb. Beats out keltec and Ruger.

I love my CZ scorpion but given the 2 choices above I'd go with hi point since they have that lifetime no questions asked warranty. I know more than one person who has used that.

i see there's now a Mass compliant version, any reason to get the free state version and have it made compliant instead?

There was always an "AWB compliant" version, the only diff was the mags that came in the box. There's no PG on the stock one so the threaded
barrel is OK. The only reason you'd want the other one is if you want the railed forend, but then you have to neuter it because of the pistol grip, so you'd then
have to pin the barrel nut on and put a fixed stock on it. if you care about those kinds of things.

I have and enjoy two Gen1.0 Kel-tec Subbies. One in 9mm and one in .40.
They are toys to me and I would not trust my life to them.
The best characteristic, in my opinion, is the folding configuration.

1594262810475.png

That said, I'm looking forward to picking up a Ruger PC...

1594262957240.png

What is the intended use of this rifle???

There was always an "AWB compliant" version, the only diff was the mags that came in the box. There's no PG on the stock one so the threaded
barrel is OK. The only reason you'd want the other one is if you want the railed forend, but then you have to neuter it because of the pistol grip, so you'd then
have to pin the barrel nut on and put a fixed stock on it. if you care about those kinds of things.

thanks yeah I was talking about the one I pictured with pistol grip.

Spare yourself the agony of buying something you will hate in a year like the Keltec or the Hipoint. Just go for the CZ Scorpion and enjoy a nice carbine. You could also build an AR in 9mm.

Preban mags are the main advantage of the Ruger otherwise the CZ or even Sig would be more attractive. I'm almost to the point of not caring about mags laws, but not quite there yet.

of the two the keltec hands down. It folds and its not much more money and glock mags are the way to go. If you add the pc9 to the mix its a little more complicated. If its strictly a range toy id do the ruger but if you have an aim to travel or use the folding feature for something maybe the keltec.

If it were me i lean toward the keltec.

Back
Top Bottom