Which AR15 Armorers Tool and Accessories do you recommend?

Another thumbs up for the NES sourced armorers wrench. I've built several with it including a 6.5 Man Bun (Creedmoor). I sourced upper vise blocks from Brownells. Clymer or Sinclair go-no-go sets are good. A quality set of roll pin punches (Grace?) are extremely helpful.

That was my next question...
Anybody recommend a good headspace gauge set?
Or is something like this from brownell's fine?

I've got Forster gauges, Ebay & Amazon sellers have go/no/field sets priced and shipped reasonably.

This ejector removal tool, two models, AR15 and AR10, I use them with the cut off end of an empty shell over the threaded part so its a snug fit with only brass touching my bolt face:

And for a punch you absolutely need a quality model else they tend not to fit right, Starrett you can trust. Don't skimp on the 1/16 version since you need it accurate to remove the ejector roll pin.

If you like to spend money and have tools

Then add NES member Forrunners wrench to it and call it done. Over kill for a few builds but who cares
Im not sure who makes brownells branded punches but I like them.

If you like to spend money and have tools

Then add NES member Forrunners wrench to it and call it done. Over kill for a few builds but who cares
Im not sure who makes brownells branded punches but I like them.

Meh, I've already accumulated all of those tools individually. It would be interesting to see if I spent more on them than the cost of that set, though. Probably, given the cost of the Geissele reaction rod I bought.

I dunno.. Seems to me you need a full setup in a climate controlled outbuilding.

$_1.JPG

You know, for quality control...

I can attest to the quality of Real Avid’s version of a reaction rod and lower vise block. They are inexpensive if you search around. I got mine through Big Daddy Unlimited. Used it on a recent build

757B155A-1E98-4F4C-9181-87BE0D612EA7.jpeg

C32A5AA4-30AD-48FE-BA20-2576D772BAEA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom