• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Caliber for Cicada?

Remember the New Orleans B-52 Flyovers earlier in May?? THIS pic was from my Son's Position in the cockpit of the B-52 that he was flying. The 2 F-15 fighters were flying beside his jet. There were 2 B-52H bombers and 2 F-15s flying that Mission.
He's a Captain, flying the BUFF.......Maybe call in a AIR STRIKE for those pesky winged bastard Cicadas that are making so much noise?
View attachment 360152
Cool picture, how does he feel piloting something that is older than most of us?

As for the cicada, everyone knows that a 9mm works well for a cicada and is the preferred round for grizzlies.

Very interesting!
I'd try them.
I've had dried grasshopper before.
I had a friend that was doing some work in africa setting up a manufacturing plant of some kind and he said every morning the crew would be out collecting all sorts of tasty bugs and would fry them up to have as snacks throughout the day. I would eat one if offered but unless i was out of options I don't think i would go harvest them.

Cool picture, how does he feel piloting something that is older than most of us?

As for the cicada, everyone knows that a 9mm works well for a cicada and is the preferred round for grizzlies.
Gary. He's very confidant about being in the AC ( Aircraft Commander) position. He will be 30 yrs old this August (half the age of his Jet) and he says it's like "Wrestling an Elephant while trying to peddle a bike" He and the CC ( co-Pilot) are always at the controls and power up/down the Pratts (8 of them) as well as Flaps and speed brakes while in flight. Old Bird, but they STILL scare the crap out of our Enemies. They're STILL NUKE CAPABLE... The B-1 isn't and B-2 Bomber still is. The BUFF can carry 20 ALCMS (Nukes) 20 CLCMS (Conventional Cruise Missiles) 70K LBs of bomb load, 20 2000 Lb JDAMS of Laser Guided munitions too. Any mix of the mentioned is also available, depending on the Mission. Here I am in the Radar Nav seat (the WIZZO.. Weapons Systems Officer console) They still have all the switches dials from the 60s, including color screens and Optics that enable them to see the target 32 miles ahead..

Attachments

• Buff Radar nav console.jpeg
    Buff Radar nav console.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Buff cockpit.jpeg
    Buff cockpit.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Gary. He's very confidant about being in the AC ( Aircraft Commander) position. He will be 30 yrs old this August (half the age of his Jet) and he says it's like "Wrestling an Elephant while trying to peddle a bike" He and the CC ( co-Pilot) are always at the controls and power up/down the Pratts (8 of them) as well as Flaps and speed brakes while in flight. Old Bird, but they STILL scare the crap out of our Enemies. They're STILL NUKE CAPABLE... The B-1 isn't and B-2 Bomber still is. The BUFF can carry 20 ALCMS (Nukes) 20 ALCMS (Conventional Cruise Missiles) 70K LBs of bomb load, 20 2000 Lb JDAMS of Laser Guided munitions too. Any mix of the mentioned is also available, depending on the Mission. Here I am in the Radar Nav seat (the WIZZO.. Weapons Systems Officer console) They still have all the switches dials from the 60s, including color screens and Optics that enable them to see the target 32 miles ahead..
My brother was stationed up in Maine(Loring AFB?) as an aircraft electrician and I remember seeing those things take off and do low level runs and it was pretty impressive. The thing that surprised me is when they were low, you really couldn't hear them until they were right on top of you.

Dobson Fly
45652_original.jpg
damn!!

Back
Top Bottom