• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Glock to buy?

So, having transitioned to the free world, I find myself in a land of cheap new Glocks. Now, I shoot them like crap and have never been a huge fan... but the $420 pricetag on the new 17s on the low end to $530 on the Gen 4 21s is just too tempting.

So, if you could buy a brand new Glock, what would you get? I already have a carry gun so I'm not particularly interested in a baby Glock. I was thinking the G20 would be pretty awesome but then I'd have to reload for it.

Just looking for some opinions. It's on the back burner right now as I'm working on a Springfield XDM9 Competition and then a 5.45 Saiga conversion.

You were talking about a production gun in the other thread, right? Why not just get a G34?

-Mike

Any Glock is good. Make sure you use the MA Glock formula when purchasing Glock in freestate.

purchase price = MA Glock price.

In return, you will get 3 new glocks for the price of 2.

Sent from my broken iPhone.

G21. Was the first Glock I ever picked up and own two now. I can hit a target at 100 yds. with either. More important is which one fits better in your hand. And you being in a free state try them all before buying.

Another vote for G21.
I've shot "just about" every model & caliber except the obviously non import .380's. Yes got flamed by a few queers jumping on the newb when I first joined this forum. [rolleyes] [laugh]

Have a 17 & 34. Great guns that serve their purpose. Wanted a 26 forever. Don't know what I'm waiting for.
Not a fan of the .40 cal Glocks or any .40's for that matter accept a few 2011's I've tried. Too much recoil for the performance & 10mm is just the same but worse.

Favorite by far is my 21. Big bore, Heavy, well balanced, very accurate, very managible recoil & high cap with all the reliability of the Glock
brand. Everything I look for in my WSHTF handgun.

So, if you could buy a brand new Glock, what would you get? I already have a carry gun so I'm not particularly interested in a baby Glock. I was thinking the G20 would be pretty awesome but then I'd have to reload for it.

Glock 30 (Only cuz it fits my hand better than the 21)

So, having transitioned to the free world, I find myself in a land of cheap new Glocks. Now, I shoot them like crap and have never been a huge fan... but the $420 pricetag on the new 17s on the low end to $530 on the Gen 4 21s is just too tempting.

Just looking for some opinions. It's on the back burner right now as I'm working on a Springfield XDM9 Competition and then a 5.45 Saiga conversion.

You and everyone else on this forum knows that your question isn't really relevant.
You will buy more than one.

You'll probably end up with a G34, G17, G19 and a G20.

You were talking about a production gun in the other thread, right? Why not just get a G34?

-Mike

I decided on the XDM 5.25" and have one on order... and I doubt I'll regret that. However, a G35 might be an idea - could turn it into a major power factor Limited gun.

A G30 is a definite possibility.

I decided on the XDM 5.25" and have one on order... and I doubt I'll regret that. However, a G35 might be an idea - could turn it into a major power factor Limited gun.

A G30 is a definite possibility.

If you get a G30 or G21 try to get the SF version unless you have gorilla sized hands. The gun will fit and point a lot better... that 2-3mm or whatever it is they take off the back makes a HUGE difference, IMO.

-Mike

Last edited:
If you get a G30 or G21 try to get the SF version unless you have gorilla sized hands. The gun will fit and point a lot better... that 2-3mm or whatever it is they take off the back makes a HUGE difference, IMO.

-Mike

Good call - I didn't even know there was a difference. I'll have to try one out.

-Mike

[rofl] i love hand threads.

all kidding aside, my G30 fits my hand perfectly. i wanted a SF version "just because" at first.

That's a good problem to have. I would really like pretty much any new Glock, but refuse to pay the $200+ MA 'premium'. Can't wait until I get outta this state...

G19, Hi Cap Mag, with a TLR-1 StreamLight & CT Laser so you can use each independently, and a Raven OWB Holster - Kydex. :)

Back
Top Bottom