Which HK to get?...

I have a full size USP 45. Love it...even though it's a 2X4. If you get the USP, put the HK45c paddle mag release on it...much easier to reach.

Can't go wrong with either...

The 45c is supposed to be a significant improvement over the USPc .45.

I had a USPc in .40 and another in .45. I sold both of them and haven't missed them at all. The slide is stupidly large, the DA trigger is absolutely horrid, and the SA trigger was only fair. Personally, I can't stand the mag release lever. On the good side, the USPcs were reliable and accurate, the sights are good, and the slide stop is correctly located and generously sized.

I recommend against buying the USPc.

The HK45c is an impressive piece of engineering with one issue, the grip is really smooth, so definitely make sure you like the feel of it. I wish HK made a HK9, an updated USP, instead of just the P30 series. Hk45 is my favorite.

OP-

the USP is a great pistol. i love my USP 9. stock triggers exhibit heavy stacking. there are 2 options: shoot the snot out of and after ~5k rounds the trigger will even out, or install a wolff hammer spring and the stacking will disappear.

personally I'm a fan of the USP series but not much the USPc. given the P2000 series is basically a newer version of the USP compact, to me the P2000 is the way to go. for 45 compacts, the HK45c to me is a nice gun but i personally don't care for it.

checkout the HK45 full size. to me that's the 45acp pistol to have. it is a great shooter, modern and has some nice ergonomic upgrades. the internals are identical to the USP. basically all the HK pistols are the same internally, except for the striker guns VP9/VP40.

I have a full size USP 45 that I am quite happy with. I like the HK45, but can't fathom why it holds two fewer rounds. That is a big turn off for me.

What do you prefer about it? I've never held the HK 45c, so I can't comment it.

The grip is the first and biggest thing. I don't know if just the side panels or also something about the front and back straps, but the USPc just feels better. It's boxier for sure, but my USPc is also way tighter than my 45c, and feels more solid, though that may just have something to do with the number of rounds through each.

b43538d061c859dc77e148b1ff66705f.jpg
The HK45 is not that much smaller than the HK45C. Here is my HK45 with my VP9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a full size USP 45 that I am quite happy with. I like the HK45, but can't fathom why it holds two fewer rounds. That is a big turn off for me.

It makes the grip more ergonomic, that's why. I've owned a MK23, USP Elite .45, USP Tac .45, and an HK45.... the HK45 is definitely more comfortable for smaller hands. I don't have any of these guns any more but that's a story I explained in another thread. They would still be in my safe for amusement purposes if I didn't need the money at the time.. they're not coming back though because as time goes on I've gotten more practical about the handguns I buy.

-Mike

The grip is the first and biggest thing. I don't know if just the side panels or also something about the front and back straps, but the USPc just feels better. It's boxier for sure, but my USPc is also way tighter than my 45c, and feels more solid, though that may just have something to do with the number of rounds through each.

I 2nd that I like my USP's better than my 45C, grip and feel of SA trigger.

I just purchased the HK 45c. It's my new go to carry gun. I'm a big fan of HK and don't think you'll go wrong with either. Enjoy your new purchase!!!!

Back
Top Bottom